Boy's Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up an old Roadmaster 20" for my nephew for Christmas. All that i am missing is the headlight. Can anybody tell me what year they think the bike is and and any other info that they may know on the bike?
Also, where could i find a headlight for it or what style of headlight would have came on it? (2 holes on front fender)

Thanks for your help

bike2.jpg

bike1.jpg

bike3.jpg

I think that badge is early-mid 50s. I'm not sure if they date stamped the small bikes like the bigger ones. But if they did, the bottom of the BB/crank housing should be stamped w/a serial #, something like A12345, and then a date code, like 53Cw. The small w is inside the C, hard to see it sometimes, but the numbers, in this case 53 is the year. -Adam

Awesome, thanks a lot Adam. Any idea on what kind of headlight would have been mounted on the fender?

I think you would be safe mounting a Delta Torpedo light. They are one of the easiest to find and probably the cheapest of the older style lights. Gary

The 20" Roadmasters from this time period generally used the Delta Junior Rocket Ray headlight which is fatter and shorter than a Delta torpedo light. A standard torpedo may be too long to fit on the smaller 20" front fender.

Latest posts

Back