Bought eight rims due to a typo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A BMX etailer must have noticed a mistake when I ordered eight rims for $16 USD! I went back to look and they were back to $20 each. Thus far, they are honouring the price. No email saying “sorry, we’re cancelling your order”.

I will post pix as soon as they arrive!

Cool. Hope you get them!
A friend of mine ordered 50 quarts of oil the other day for $45 with free shipping.
The next day they were relisted at $4.50 a quart!

I bought a really nice pair of hubs that I was going to use on a big bike BMX build, but they may go onto a set of wheels built with these “freeze green” rims, if I in fact receive them!

Looks to be this colour:

4B75B237-94B7-4718-B348-4E4AC003BA3E.jpeg

When I lived in Hawaii, I always could find good deals on Amazon, until they added in the shipping. I still looked though, these 26 x 3 beach bum tires (2 for 1 price of $42), and later on 26 x 3 whitewalls were on sale, and offered free shipping. I bought them immediately and they showed up in big boxes. Then I checked the websites again, the prices had gone back to regular and no shipping at all to Hawaii or Alaska for under 80 bucks. I think someone wasn't paying attention when free shipping was offered, then had to answer up when they spent more to ship than the cost of the tires. I should have gotten a half dozen each of these tires.
71061_c50b44e8b49bf5e96c851db5b0e919de.jpg

wheels ready.JPG

When I lived in Hawaii, I always could find good deals on Amazon, until they added in the shipping. I still looked though, these 26 x 3 beach bum tires (2 for 1 price of $42), and later on 26 x 3 whitewalls were on sale, and offered free shipping. I bought them immediately and they showed up in big boxes. Then I checked the websites again, the prices had gone back to regular and no shipping at all to Hawaii or Alaska for under 80 bucks. I think someone wasn't paying attention when free shipping was offered, then had to answer up when they spent more to ship than the cost of the tires. I should have gotten a half dozen each of these tires.
View attachment 145732

View attachment 145733

My thought was to buy 4 pair to make the shipping worthwhile; even at that point, it cost MORE to ship than the rims, but only by $4!

Yep- Anti-Freeze green, they were $56 USD each, have a brake track and I have three pair left. They are going on my raw finish Haro. I have a proper hub with a 9 tooth cog. Yes- as cool as the 48 spoke rims look on the Haro, the 13 tooth Freewheel is causing some under gearing issues. Modern BMX bikes are a pain, I will put those wheels onto something else, maybe a low slung little beast. I just hope the big axle with work on another frame.
D34A8980-6EB6-4FCD-B42D-780A9832C452.jpeg

Holy moly you never mentioned they're Box Components, certainly not a 2$ hoop!
Can't even get valve caps or rim strips on their site for two bucks
Yep! At $20, they were a bargain! I knew there was a possibly a mistake on the price. I did buy $1.70 grips from that site previously!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back