BOTEN PRIZE THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been some planning going on behind the scenes regarding prizes this year...

This year there will be a winners trophy!

Nothing too outrageous though, there are a couple of builders who have offered to build trophy's, but of course they need to be send-able anywhere around the world without getting too expensive, so they may end up being flat-pack or even a "build-your-own trophy" style kit that may require a couple of bike parts from the winners stash bolted on to finish it.

The trophy's themselves will not have any huge monetary value, more of a recognition thing, so if others want to chip in prizes as well, that would be cool, just remember to keep in mind postage, this years build-off is worldwide, even more so than it has been in the past, you might end up sending it to the
Philippines, Russia, New Zealand, Canada, Greece, Estonia, Australia, Spain, The Netherlands, Ireland, Britain, France, Switzerland, the list keeps growing! Some members in the past have selected something from eBay or similar in the country that the winner is in and had that posted directly to the winner to save on postage costs too...

Feel free as always to add prizes for your own
categories as has been done in the past, I think we have had "Top Banana", "Best Gee-Gaw" "Best Bare Metal" and others in the past.

As always though, just being a part of the Build-Off is a prize in itself, if you make the deadline that is even better!

Considering I was the winner in the Winter build-off.
And won a fantastic trophy Handmade from Missing Link.
I will build a small trophy and pay it forward.
I will also build a few others for different categories just for fun.:D
Heres a pic of my pride n joy...
DSCN4730.JPG

NOT 4 sale...

Last edited:
Great minds DO think alike. :grin:

Laying in bed last night, the thought came to me... "wonder when the prize thread for build off ten will show up" and here it is.

I also wondered if I had anything to offer... so I'll see if I have anything suitable. :39:

Glen.

Well that is Funkme in with the winners trophy!

I am in for the second place trophy (and will do third too if no one else offers) the winner will have to supply a hub and a multi speed freewheel to complete the trophy base just to keep postage costs down.

18506110872_69d7d95111_z.jpg

The advantage with this is you can make your trophy as big or little as you like! You could mount it straight to a freewheel with a bolt for a small modest trophy or assemble most of a bike into the trophy base if you want a room talking point!

Luke.

I'll probably through in some other prizes and categories later, but for now I'll commit these three bike books as prizes.

First Place - Atomic Zombie's Bicycle Builder's Bonanza
WP_20150606_10_36_26_Pro.jpg

Second Place - The Noblest Invention
WP_20150606_10_36_13_Pro.jpg

Third Place - Bike Cult
WP_20150606_10_35_38_Pro.jpg

That's an uber cool prize Jake!

OK RATTERS!! WHO SO EVER COMES IN 5TH WINS THIS
316a353cc1217b75c98d1af087eee05c.jpg
NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Caaaawwwww! Sweeeeet

Ok managed to make one of the prizes today...
This is the TICK TOCK prize.
A winner will be notified at the end of the comp.
DSCN4819.JPG
The way I'm going,I will probably win this myself.:21::21::D

My contribution to the prize for BO-X. I started on it yesterday. It is a 1929 Ford Pickup that will have some neat additions on it and in it. It will go to the best looking background shot of your build that I like best. Steve (Rat Rod) knows what I have going on and in it.;)
DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg

Some really cool and creative prizes rolling in.

My contribution to the prize for BO-X. I started on it yesterday. It is a 1929 Ford Pickup that will have some neat additions on it and in it. It will go to the best looking background shot of your build that I like best. Steve (Rat Rod) knows what I have going on and in it.;)
DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg
Awesome prize!:thumbsup: I have a sneaky suspicion It might have something to do with the new RRB T-shirt:grin: I'm gonna have to step up my background game this year, but I probably wont go as far as FordSnake did last year:eek:

DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg
My heart started pounding when I read you were giving up a 1929 ford , this guy must be loaded $$$$$$ but this one may be hard to drive home Lol . I do love your idea I loved to build models as a kid I just can't believe how much the cost theses days ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My heart started pounding when I read you were giving up a 1929 ford , this guy must be loaded $$$$$$ but this one may be hard to drive home Lol . I do love your idea I loved to build models as a kid I just can't believe how much the cost theses days ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah man. Model cars cost too much. They use to be like 5 bucks then about 10. I had so many of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back