1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Boston Mass ride maybe?

Discussion in 'EVENTS' started by stickit, Jul 3, 2017.

1. stickit

stickit

Whos in for a ride in August or Sept through the historic city of Boston MA?

2. Muttley

Muttley

Go Bruins!

3. ZygoteLittle

ZygoteLittle

:cool: idea! Name a meet-up place and time in Bean Town plus a place to ditch the cars and let's go ride'n! :D

Jane says likes this.
  4. 1oldbikelover

1oldbikelover

Trying to figure out a place to park at a reasonable cost and also a safe place to ride so as not to become road pizza! Maybe along the Charles River...Charles River Parkway?

5. 1oldbikelover

1oldbikelover

I have the Annual Plum Island/ Sandy Point ride coming up on Sunday July 23rd. Safe ride and plenty of parking and good food/ company. Get ready to saddle 'em up and join the posse!

6. 1oldbikelover

1oldbikelover

image.jpeg
    It's coming up.....saddling up the posse for a North shore coastal ride. Bring your old face and meet up with a new one.
    Message me for additional info. Ray

7. 1oldbikelover

1oldbikelover

Hey stick it.....not downtown Boston but just as historic...Minuteman National park in Concord, MA. I rode it a few years ago and took the Minuteman trail to Boston and back. It's a long trail if you want to ride all the way but can make the loop any size you wish. We can stay in Concord area too and ride to Walden Pond and read poetry? Just a suggestion!

8. stickit

stickit

I'm thinking parking in Cambridge somewhere that can fit several vehicles and ride into Boston. How's late August or Early Sept? That's the best time frame right now I can put together. Is this enough "time" for people to plan and make sure they can make it?

ZygoteLittle and Jane says like this.
  9. Stevil

Stevil

I got Aug 26 Saturday open,fits my schedule. Don't like to drive the area but biking will probably be nicer. Stevil

ZygoteLittle likes this.
  10. stickit

stickit

I was in Boston this past weekend. This ride will not be for the weary but knowing this crowd, we all like a little excitement. The 26th may be a good date Stevil. How is the Aug 26th OR Sept the 2nd sound? Either of those two dates?

Stevil likes this.
  11. ZygoteLittle

ZygoteLittle

I might be able to do the 26th or the 2nd! Riding in a city is always exciting - situational awareness is critical, but not an overwhelming concern; you just have to pay attention.

Stevil likes this.