BOSS Sting-Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice touch!

Here's an update.
Got a little more welding done on the frame.

Had some grinding to do to get the seat post to slide into the seat post tube. The weld penatrated the tube a little making too tight a fit.
I got the laid back seat post from slowriderz.

This long tootsie roll holder worked pretty good.
Here's the details on the 4 speed shift knob.

I grinded on the end of the shifter a little and slotted a 3/8" bolt.

The first time, I broke off the bolt trying run a tap over the weld. So the shifter is a little shorter.

I had the nut on the bolt to make sure I could thread it off the end after I cut the bolt and cleaned it up.
I'll probably put a little silver paint on the weld.

This nut will be replaced w/ a chrome one and a washer or two til the 4 speed shift pattern is straight.

I picked up a couple Schwinn chainguards last weekend from TuckTuck.

I'm hoping to put them together to make one longer one. The BOSS STING-RAY logo
should fit pretty good and help give the bike that Schwinn look.

Good job with the knob...And you're gonna splice them chain guards into one bigger one? Nice.
Now if you can just get that reverse to work..... :lol:

man i can not wait for this one to be done :D

I'm getting an education on 4-speed hubs from my new favorite local bike shop! Some of you may have already known this, I'm not going to be able to use my shifter.

Last edited:
I picked up my rear wheel from my new favorite bike shop after work today.

It's a 2" wide rim that I got from classic-cycle.de with a 4-speed Nexus hub that I got from Fisch here on RRB.

Thinking about using these three reflectors from a couple Columbia rear fender reflectors or the tail light lense w/ a blue dot from a model A, I think. One might look a little like a Mustang tail light, the other one is more of a hot rod tail light - what do you think? Both are going to require some kinda backing plate.

Latest posts

Back