BOSS Sting-Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, this thing is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it finished up

Think I'm going to go with this smaller round Schwinn head badge.

This is the first time I've attached the fork and put some wheels under it.

Still have to cut the seat post tube down and attach the 1/2" curved tubes. Not sure about a kickstand but I'd like to put a Schwinn kickstand on it.

Cool. Can't wait

Thanks. I can't wait either.
I think the front spocket/crank tube is too high along the front tube. I wanted the chain to run parallel with buttom of the frame and not hit anything. I think I'm going to have to make an ajustment.

Looks great! Can't wait for paint!!!

Nice work on that extension brace! Looks very classy!
Here is a quick mock-up of what the bike would look like with the bottom bars and chain stays raised to clear the chain:

10879987233_46dceae50a_z.jpg

Luke.

Thanks for the input Luke. You're right, something has to change down there.
This is where I messed up, I didn't stick to the plan. At the time, I thought this would look cooler.

After I finish the top of the frame, I'll take a look at it. I'll hope all I need to do is cut out a section around the crank tube, turn it around and weld it back it. This should get me back on track so the chain doesn't hit the frame and the chainguard is level.

Didn't get a lot done this past weekend, I did cut the seat post down and slotted it.

I wanted to use a Schwinn seat post clamp but it wouldn't fit around the Huffy tube. I think this one will
look good with all the other black hardware I'm using. I also start making a jig to hold the curved tubes in place.
I'm getting there!

Starting to wrap up some of the other details. I wanted the Schwinn mag spocket to look like a 60's mag wheel.

So the chrome in the center needed to go. So I masked off the area that I wanted to stay chrome with some heavy vinyl, duct tape would work too. I did this same thing to my RRBB#8 too.

Sand blasted the chrome,

and clear coated it w/ a matt finish clear.

I think this gives it that natural cast aluminum look and it won't scatch off.

Front

Back

Latest posts

Back