"BOSS 3 ON 2" Dyno Build...Formerly Wiz Khalifa Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traded for a Dyno frame and fork set with a friend and plan to build this out from the ground up. Heres the frame.

IMAG0278.jpg

Its going to get a Monark Springer with a 24 X 2.5 rear wheel with a Nexus 3 Speed, 26 up front, Felt MP Handlebars, Brooks Saddle and Grips, stubby fender, 3 piece cranks, etc. Plan on gloss black for the frame with a gloss Grabber Blue for the rims and hubs with Blue pieces here and there for accent. Everything will be powdercoated. Still buying parts and working on the time to really get started. I work in the oilfield and I am getting home on April 2nd, have a bunch of parts to open up, gonna be like Christmas in April!. So I will get back on it when I return. Heres a few pics of the parts.

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

Here is my Moyivation!

2006-5-3_70MustangBoss302Web-Large.jpg

gcrank1 said:
Im kinda thinkin that with the Boss M inspiration pictured that you might reverse the color plan; ie, blue frame with black appointments?

Gcrank,

I have been thinking about that also, also toying with the idea to chrome the rims and do black hubs and spokes to mimic the wheels on the car? Another thought was to do a blue frame and paint the topbar and cantilevers black down to the seatstays to emulate the centerstripe? Guess we will see where it goes. Any suggestions?

I had thought about black rims, and maybe hubs, with chrome spokes.....
How about a blue frame with black headtube and a black stripe running down the top of the toptube and splitting into a thinner stripe down each seatstay?

gcrank1 said:
I had thought about black rims, and maybe hubs, with chrome spokes.....
How about a blue frame with black headtube and a black stripe running down the top of the toptube and splitting into a thinner stripe down each seatstay?

That sounds good also! I think I need to get on photoshop and see if I can create that look with enough detail to really see it, trying to figure out how to get the running pony on the headtube also.

But.......if you are going with the blackwall perf. tire look, the black rims wont have enough contrast, and I dont know if you want to think about another color element, say, a redline tire?
So, maybe the chrome rims and spokes (hub too?) to get that total 'custom wheel look', BW tires, fat as will fit, and black saddle and grips, maybe even bars; a chrome stem and seatpost to follow the wheel theme a bit without being too gaudy.
The blue on the Boss is just so darn much acreage compared to a bike, thus the frame needs to be about as much blue as you can get, then maybe depend on the appointments to provide the black offset?
Yep, you be needin' some comp-pics to figure this!

Cool idea.............can't wait.....love those Dyno Glide frames, and happy to see this one go to a good home...

I don't have any input on the color combo stuff, but man you need to bump the tires up to 24x 3 in the rear and 26x3 up front.....Kenada Flames would look cool with the theme

I have a 24x3 & 26x3 Kenda Flame you can borrow to test it out first...........

irideiam said:
Cool idea.............can't wait.....love those Dyno Glide frames, and happy to see this one go to a good home...

I don't have any input on the color combo stuff, but man you need to bump the tires up to 24x 3 in the rear and 26x3 up front.....Kenada Flames would look cool with the theme

I have a 24x3 & 26x3 Kenda Flame you can borrow to test it out first...........

Thanks man, the rear tire is going to be 24X3 on a 65MM rim, gonna be fat! The Monarks wont take a 26X3, the widest tire it will accept is 2.35 I think.

Heres some pics, fitted up the Monark Front Forks, gonna have to trim down the steer tube a bit, and mocked up the rear wheel off my Electra to see how much room I will have for the 65MM rear wheel and Fatti-O Rear tire. Gonna be close!

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

Got everything to the powdercoaters yesterday, settled on bars and mocked up the cranks. Heres a few pics. The bars are going in for powdercoat tomorrow.

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

Its been awhile but things have started to progress on this build, finally! Heres some pics.

Headset Pressed in.

c00767e8.jpg

Home from Powdercoat and pinstripe.

697a72c7.jpg

9a0abcb4.jpg

69c2bf99.jpg

Thanks again. It was a 1 inch. The Monarks are a project in themselves. I think I am going to start a second build thread on the forks alone!

Ok, after running into some issues with the Monark forks, I would never use them on another build. Purchased these from Norm at Venice Motorbikes and he assured me he used these on 40MPH bikes. Not with me on it for sure! Basically I have to throw away the dropouts or buy new ones. Fortunately, Pat at Sportsmanflyer hooked me up with a new set so they will accept a modern axle. Also there is no race for the lower bearing, so alot of slop in the lower part of the headset. Going to have to weld them up on the steer tube and put them on a lathe and cut it down to .20 over the size of the steer tube so I can press the bearing race on. Thanks again to Pat at Sportsmanflyer for the post on this forum, I saw it too late unfortunately for me and my wallet. Also the threads were in terrible shape so bought a die to clean them up. Here is some pics. So here starts the story of the worlds most expensive forks!

Pic of worthless dropouts, even better I had them powdercoated! Ha Ha!

03a4dd7f.jpg

Pic of steer tube with no race.
4730e0a7.jpg

Pic of the steer tube and die.
727136fe.jpg

Chuck. Yep, Blake did a great job on the striping. I just let him do his thing and the results were awesome! I'm gonna let him do my Basman.

Latest posts

Back