Bonneville 'liner...got wheels!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in. I will (I will, I will!!) get it done in time this year.

Anyway, I've got a frame. It's long. It's low. It's twin engined. Yep, it's an old Sears/Huffy Tandem.

What I've learned from the Sportliner, the Superleggera, and the Golden Submarine, it's all going in this one.

Before pics coming soon.

Re: Bonneville 'liner

I have the same frame, I'm depending on you for cool ideas as mine is in the "limbo" stage.

Do good work!

Here she is:
bonniebefore.jpg

As much of a fan as I am of patina (and this bike has some lovely paint and details), this will be going under the rattle can. Gotta visually tie together some different pieces. It'll be worth it, I promise.

I think it'll still be yellow, though. Kinda like that.

Also note; this will be my 4th twin top-tube bike originating from Sears. Don't know why; they just keep throwing themselves into my car (although this one stuck out aways). I did grow up in a Sears-bike-riding kind of family. I seem to remember that the kids riding Schwinns wouldn't get as far from home, or jump as high, or ride as far into the woods as us Sears/Monkey Wards/Western Flyers types.

Something about their mommas. I dunno.

Well, good luck everybody.

Bicycle Limo! :mrgreen: Can't wait to see what the outcome is! 8)

Your frame looks so much bigger than mine! I know it's the same size, but mine has been completely stripped of all part with a layer of undercoating sprayed on it hanging up in my shop. Now I wanna get back to mine!

I can't see the photo you posted, but I am looking forward to seeing what you have planned.
One of my BO7 ideas was a Bonneville Salt Flats Sidecar build using an old Huffy tandem. Maybe I will revive that plan if I see some good ideas to steal from you. :p

Blue fenders, white wheels, blue frame, tandem bike...the boy's a time bomb!

Nothing to see here. These are not the tires you're looking for. Move along.

OK; pics soon. I promise.

Peatbog said:

taxibike1.jpg

I built this last year tore it apart and sold almost all the parts. it was fun. still have a change machine I was gonna use. Let me know if you need it.

loudboys said:
ratsb9.jpg

Huh? What's that pic doing in this thread?
Please tell me that this is the donor for an engine swap! Before the day i die i promised my self i would put a v-twin in a bicycle. I know this is no V-twinn but a kawasaki 250cc in a bicycle would scare even the most experianced riders.

The bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Latest posts

Back