BOARDTRACKER BOMBER XIII * FINISHED *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, after pressure applied I was finally able to get the CNC guy at work to cut my designs. I threw the bombs on the rear motor drive sprocket and cut a disc brake mount. I was pretty stoked on how they came out. This whole week I have been chipping away on the third and final option for the gas tanks. the previous two did not look as good as I hoped. I still need to drill the tank brackets to mount them and a little more ageing. I hope to get some decent progress this weekend.

double_front_web_zps6e01652c.jpg

double_back_web_zps1912f61c.jpg

sprocket_discbrakebracket_web_zps924ef177.jpg

Last edited:
I love the chainring and really like the look of the tanks.
Where are you thinking of placing them?

I love the chainring and really like the look of the tanks.
Where are you thinking of placing them?
I am thinking the tanks on both sides up front mounted on the steel plate I have taped them up for reference and it looks tight. Behind the seat with the other single tanks is a little too close to the exhaust for comfort. I have been thinking of the double tanks for a while so the logistics lit a fire to go for broke.

I am thinking the tanks on both sides up front mounted on the steel plate I have taped them up for reference and it looks tight. Behind the seat with the other single tanks is a little too close to the exhaust for comfort. I have been thinking of the double tanks for a while so the logistics lit a fire to go for broke.

I can definitely see them working well there.

I like the numbers on them too. Just a thought, but what about a big X and three slanted roman numeral I's laid over the X?

Or thirteen bombs and nose art?
_BEL2716%20B-25J%20N8195H%20Heavenly%20Body%20right%20side%20nose%20art%20l.jpg

You have to love those bombers with the pinups...That is what I was aiming for,but didn't want to go to traditional.
Love those tanks... they look gas.:thumbsup:
And the bombs on the sprocket...:cool2:

I came across a screaming deal on mine. I liked the idea of it being a mid 50's engine as well. I have seen a few of these around they are definitely available. I say go for it!

VERY NICE !!! GOTTA KEEP LOOKING FOR 1, hahaha . . .

So, my normal camera is out right now so I took some photos of progress from my cell. I have mounted the disk brake caliper, added the chains after a lot of adjustment, the rear sprocket which I am stoked on and the gas tanks. I still need to fab up a new intake for a new carb, cut off the fins on the engine (I am going to fab up an air scoop since I am doing away with the fins) and need to dial everything in.
chaindrive_web_zpsc2e12d29.jpg

mounted_sprocket_web_zps58adc441.jpg

overall_side_web_zps75d61b0c.jpg

Last edited:
Man that looks good!
I'm not sure why you are planning to remove the cooling fins, but I would advise not to. An air scoop will not make up for it, especially at slower speeds. The purpose of the fins is to draw the heat out over more surface area so that the air can pass over it to cool it. Without the fins, there is far less surface for the heat to dissipate from even if you increased the air flow.

Proceed with caution! Good luck.

Man that looks good!
I'm not sure why you are planning to remove the cooling fins, but I would advise not to. An air scoop will not make up for it, especially at slower speeds. The purpose of the fins is to draw the heat out over more surface area so that the air can pass over it to cool it. Without the fins, there is far less surface for the heat to dissipate from even if you increased the air flow.
Proceed with caution! Good luck.

Actually I am removing the fins off the flywheel I need to streamline the engine (thinner) to fit well (I still need to bend the cranks even to fit after the removal) and those are there for a stationary engine. I will have a draft of 25 mph hittin the engine so that is the idea for the scoop. I am definitely not touching the fins on the engine itself. Could run hot but I have seen the flywheel fin removal many times.

engine_fin_side_web_zps01da8843.jpg

Last edited:
Here is an overall of what is going on.
overall_side_web_zps75d61b0c.jpg

If you notice on this pic the engine has a solid fin at the very front that I am going to remove to allow frontal air flow across all the engine fins and a scoop to direct air from the front as well.

I'm really diggin your build , I think i'd be afraid of getting a pant leg caught in that Wheel that you rap the starter Cord on ?

~RafaeL~

I'm really diggin your build , I think i'd be afraid of getting a pant leg caught in that Wheel that you rap the starter Cord on ?

~RafaeL~
Thanks, and I know, I do have to modify it to make it shorter and I am thinking some kind of guard. I never wear pants so it would be flesh directly ripped!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back