BOARDTRACKER BOMBER XIII * FINISHED *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I know, I found it on here but this cracked me up and is definitely inspiration for my current build. If anyone has one of these motors kickin around they wan to trade for a Briggs let me know.

3e65d9776fcc414f99e3d1e8b253a4e0_zps2007c15a.jpg

that thing is Crazy :13:

So, I have started in on the engine and I do not want it to bring down the build hopefully it will add a lot. So, I pulled out the paint stripper and broke down this thing. The paint stripper has little pieces of the sun in it that reminds you when ever any lands on your skin. It looks like the engine will fit in the center of the frame fine and I am thinking I am bypassing modifying the frame. I do not want to jack up the lines of the frame. I want to trick out the engine mounts. Anyway, I ordered some disk brakes for the front, received the new throttle for the bars and am still trying to find an oxy-acetylene set up for most of the custom pieces. I have roped in the cnc guy at work for the more detailed pieces. On the engine I am thinking straight pipe out the back, Mikuni carb and a clutched jackshaft set up. Keeping most of it all bare metal alum and chrome finish engine and bike.

engine_bare_web_zps90526ae5.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what hp this machine has? I'd guess around 12-14 horsepower. It's probably 2000cc so not much power for that size engine, they didn't run at very high rpm, but I bet the torque makes up for it. Your little 206cc 5hp briggs makes about the same Hp as most big singles (and probably small twins) of of the early 1900's.

Alright, I know, I found it on here but this cracked me up and is definitely inspiration for my current build. If anyone has one of these motors kickin around they wan to trade for a Briggs let me know.

3e65d9776fcc414f99e3d1e8b253a4e0_zps2007c15a.jpg

Alright nothing too exciting with this post. So, I have never laced a rim and wanted disc brakes with 12 gauge spokes for strength. That was done tonight (had to re-drill the hub and bevel - still need to fine tune - true the wheel) and a photo. I have a ton a parts coming in this week and a new arc welder at the house. Will post more progress soon.

12guagewithdisc_zpsc0fa144a.jpg

Last edited:
@#$^@$!! post office! I guess I will not have anything really to work with till Monday. I guess looking local may help out for a few last min possibilities.

Me Likey! :13:

Tuned in!
Went through and checked out your build off 8 and was impressed. I have been following your current build and very cool. Is there any trick to dialing in those columbia springers? Mine did not have the axle area hardware and it seems kinda shaky. I am doing the lock tight on all nuts anything else you can think of that helps dial those in let me know.

Latest posts

Back