boardtrack racer (a little early) maybe?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, i feel this build is a bit early in the build process to be posting but i figure starting the post will give me some accountability to finish.

I dont know alot about engine mechanics but im going to try, I learn by doing :D

I dont have a motor yet so if anyone has advice about anything or can tell me what i could pull a motor off of please let me know

frame is a Firestone Pilot frame
DSC_8524.jpg

^^that was about 3 years ago^^
IMG_2716.jpg

^^donor bike^^
IMG_2778.jpg

^^wheels (maby) prolly get a flip-flop hub for the rear, tires are from a 30 year old wheel-borrow i have^^
IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

chainmaker said:
Whats been going on with this bike? How is it coming along?
hey everybody, so sorry about my delay with this, i have gotten hung up on finding a set of forks and and a motor that will work(the B&S is a no-go) for this build I want the bottom bracket to be parallel with both the front and rear axels, the only type that will work and not look out of place are the double barreled forks and finding a cheap set of these has proved to be difficult. i have acquired a nice set of drop bars, levers and I have a couple great ideas to make this a belt driven ride.

hey, several months ago I got my dream job as a bicycle mechanic! it has been very interesting and I have learned alot, but along with working on bikes all day at work makes me more eager to ride when i get off work instead of build when i get home. also finding the right parts was harder than i thought.

Im not that confident of a welder so i am settling for the good old fashioned bolt method (for a while anyway)

I got the mock up done today, (stem and rear wheel from my MTB are just for the mockup) hopefully it will be pretty straight forward from here on...

IMG_4615_zpsb7d78de8.jpg

IMG_4618_zpscde5dd9d.jpg

IMG_4616_zpsffb54efb.jpg

IMG_4617_zpsfa3ab555.jpg

IMG_4627_zpse56be754.jpg

IMG_4628_zps671fef5a.jpg

IMG_4641_zps5546df20.jpg

great job, thats gonna be one nice looking bike when its done. If you need any advice getting that motor running shoot me a pm, those Briggs motors will run forever if properly taken care of, that looks like an older model on too- before they started using plastic cams. :cry:

anyway good luck on your build.

Latest posts

Back