Board tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoeha said:
Build the wheels already!! It's fun and not hard at all.

Hmm ok. :)

0046%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

Hoeha said:
Wow, you even have official wheelbuilding tools?!?!
I don't have that, i use an old fork :)

Was going to use that, then when I was buying spokes I saw the truing stand and figured I'd be better off getting it.

I was always using some rackety way of keeping my bikes up before buying a proper bikestand, and I've regretted not getting it sooner. Plus, if I pay for the tools, I make sure I won't half-... the job since I paid good money for being able to do it in the first place. :D

(All of the above is just an excuse for me to buy more tools... :D)

Rik !

This is the previous owner speaking to you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The bike is lookin' sharp !
I might have some solex-inverted brake levers laying around here ! :D

Nice build so far!

I am chiming in a little late but wanted to add my 2 cents.

If you use the moped engine for something else please understand that just because it's a 2 stroke it will not function if you tip it. For two reasons

1) the oil galleries in the transmission (yes 2 cycles have oil too) will not properly lube all of the parts including the clutch which is very important.

2) the float bowl in the carb needs to be horizontal

Long story short if you use It you need to keep it in it's stock orientation. Great motor though there are lots of Puch E50 aftermarket parts. I have numerous friends with E50 bikes.

Keep it up

-Moto

Thanks guys!
Moto, thanks for the tips! I've now entirely given up on the Puch engine and am going with a chinese one. A bit of a cheat, I know, but I figure I can always build another one when this one is done and do it proper. :D

As far as progress goes;

0055%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

0056%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

0057%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

0058%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

Front tire is on its way! :)

Latest posts

Back