Board tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
badmuller said:
Nice rack btw :wink:

The bike stand? It's terrible. It works fine for regular frames with straight tubes, but the Schwinn is impossible to get secured right. I'm always afraid of it falling off to the side.

Tomorrow, I have a presentation for a course at school. I've used the bike to get some easy points, but that means I have to get it more or less looking like a bike by tomorow. I managed to get one tire, but now I can't find another :D. Called all bike shops in The Hague, noone has it. Ordered it but it looks like it won't be here on time.... so I have to get some others to make do... Joy!

Thanks Chris.

It's mainly just looking shiny. I need to get new bearings in the wheels and the rear hub is acting a bit funny. The seatpost I made is .6mm too thin, so it can't be clamped down properly (neither can the seat). All in good time though... :)

For now, it's ready for the presentation at school tomorrow.

0059%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

Welded a little stand for it too;

stand.jpg

iamrik said:
badmuller said:

The bike stand? It's terrible. It works fine for regular frames with straight tubes, but the Schwinn is impossible to get secured right. I'm always afraid of it falling off to the side.

Tomorrow, I have a presentation for a course at school. I've used the bike to get some easy points, but that means I have to get it more or less looking like a bike by tomorow. I managed to get one tire, but now I can't find another :D. Called all bike shops in The Hague, noone has it. Ordered it but it looks like it won't be here on time.... so I have to get some others to make do... Joy!

Heheh, I ment the stereo........

Those Hanks look slick, rik..........

badmuller said:
iamrik said:
badmuller said:

Heheh, I ment the stereo........

Those Hanks look slick, rik..........

Ah, one of my other hobbies that went a bit out of hand for a while... though it's been pretty much the same for the last two years. :)

Hanks are there for the time being till I get the other Fat Frank, though they look pretty cool and are very cheap.

This bike i AWESOME!!!
Just looks Great! Guess it will still be great motorized, but man its so sexy as is!
I'm glad you scraped those small wheels and went with the 26".

I'm following this thread so Get to Building! :D

Thanks Dantes! For now I need to do a couple of things that won't be visible in photos (new bearings, thicken the seatpost a little, fix some paint on the wheels).

Does anybody know where I can get some nice oldschool pedals for these cranks? I bought a pair but of course they don't fit, too thick bolt. I plan to get ride it for a couple of days, get some nice photos outside, and then continue on the motor.

Well Rik

You have the same idea about the tank as I do. I would just make it a bit wider, if possible, to fit a bigger tank inside.

Black is the way to go, for sure.

Keep up the good work

Making it wider is an interesting idea... But I have no use for a larger gas tank, won't be riding it any big distances.
I do have to make it fit properly though, it's all kinds of crooked at the moment.

Have no experience painting over chrome, so I'm just following what other people are telling me. Sandblasted it, then I'm using an aggressive primer followed by regular automobile paint. Hope it sticks. :)

0067%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

0068%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

This build is great! I loved it with the Puch Wheels and fork (thing I´ll try in the future) and love it as it sits now.
Lots of Puch around here, and they´re pretty cheap. You´ve got me thinking about trying bigger dirt bike wheels... so thanks for the inspiration!!!! :D

I saved the fork for a next project. It'll find it's way on a bike sometime. :D

Haven't done much the past few weeks.
Painted the seatpost and the tank. Turned out really good, much stronger than the paint on the wheels. Guess that teaches me to always go to a proper paint shop and get some advice before buying paint. The wheels look good, but the paint is weak.

0070%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

0071%20-%20Boardtrack.jpg

All it needs now to be riding is some new bearings for the rear axle and some pedals (which I hope to win on eBay tomorrow).

Latest posts

Back