Board tracker project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will change the handling for the worse. A little curve with thinner legs will flex more and improve the ride quality, but the amount of curve you are talking about changes the rake and trail (look them up) geometry of the fork.

You are right, but how do all the others cope with the 'wheel flopping'? maybe a little bend to the front would make allot of difference visual without having problems with steering... Also thinking about putting on some 'truss rods', but I don't know if it would look cool.

Truss rods always look cool, the next best thing short of a springer, they will strengthen and add resistance to a wippy fork leg set, mostly the 'look' to the more rigid modern generation of forks.
As to changing fork geometry, search rake and trail concepts online and/or the library and consider your riding style/needs. A real commuter will be different from a park/show bike for most of us.

Yeah, I think it depends on how you want to ride. Rake and trails numbers vary quite a bit anyway and I think that if you don't go too extreme you won't effect the bikes utility. Plenty of people commute and ride good distances on choppers, probably not 100 miles but... :D

You can always put the old fork back on :wink: .

Latest posts

Back