• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BO11 Parts-O-Rama - Springers, seats, tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Selling off some nice parts just in time for the Build Off. I picked up most of these in a package deal. All prices include shipping to lower 48.

JC Higgins tank - This is for the standard 26" ballooner Higgins/Murray frame. The tank has some pitting, but appears solid with no holes. The horn is attached, but the button is gone and battery holder is pretty rough. There is a switch mounted on the other side. I have no idea what it was for or if it is original. I think it will have awesome patina with some WD40, steel wool and a little cleaning. $90 shipped.

0501_tank1.jpg

0501_tank2.jpg

0501_tank3.jpg

Two Springers. Headtube nuts seem to thread on with no issues

0501_spring1.jpg

X53 springer - This is a 26" fork from a girl's bike, but the Murray built springers were the same for boy's and girls. Headtube measures roughly 6.5". It appears to be complete with original rockers, bolts, etc. It kind of looks like one of the chrome struts has a slight bend, but the fork is solid and should clean up fairly well with a wire brush. The only issue I know of is that the small screw that mounts the fender under the headtube has the head broken off. Looks like you could grab it with some pliers or drill it out. $125 shipped.

0501_spring2.jpg

0501_spring4.jpg

CWC boy's springer - Appears to be in nice shape and should clean up well. The fork is solid and not cracked where the fender screw mounts as many are. The head tube measures roughly 6.5". $130 shipped

0501_spring3.jpg

60s style teal Persons boys seat - This is a super nice seat. I have to think it is NOS or if it was installed, it was ridden very little. The colors are super cool. It measures 9" as shown. $50 shipped.

0501_seat1.jpg

0501_seat2.jpg

0501_seat3.jpg

0501_seat4.jpg

0501_seat5.jpg

60's style silver glitter seat with crash rail. The rail has some pitting from rust as shown, but should clean up a little better. I think it has a nice patina. Not too nice, but still a really cool seat. $40 shipped

0501_seat6.jpg

0501_seat7.jpg

0501_seat8.jpg

GLWTS on these awesome pars.
When are we gonna get to see another T66 build? :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

Fish...if the other fork doesn't sell, I might jump in the BO11 :)

Still can't update the original thread, but the X53 and silver seat are SOLD.

Lowering price on the tank to $75

Thanks guys!

Fish...if the other fork doesn't sell, I might jump in the BO11 :)

I hate to say this, but I hope no one buys the other fork. :p

....!!! .... !!! ....!!! I guess I just missed that CWC fork. been searching for that type springer for two years now for my 1959 amf roadmaster sky king. Please let me know if the deal does not go through and give me second dibs. I have a correct but ladies fork on it now.

For some reason I can't edit my post, but the X53 springer and silver seat are sold.

Any chance you can tell me who bought the x53 fork? I'll trade em a black one but trying to finish up the wifes buke and it has the correct colors for the womens bike.

Latest posts

Back