BMX Style Cruiser Bars, Can I get some options Please.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naw, after a closer inspection, it's not the same. The Breezer has two tubes running from the steerer tube to the dropouts, one on each side of the seat tube. The cruiser you posted has single tube. It's still rad as heck, and probably pretty rare, just not a one of ten, hand made by genius, grandfather of a genre, historical artifact!

I don't know what that Bike Frame is, that pic is from Mr.Tick's Facebook site. It's definitely a True 3-Bar Cruiser or BMX for sure.
Mr-Tick-V-Bars.jpg

This killer ride was made by Dan and Sam at Ichi Bike in Des Moines, Iowa. It was built from a early tandem frame. I believe later it received paint. I actually sold Dan the New Belgium script knobby tires on it. :)
Killer build from a killer bike shop.

Thanx, rrt. It's an awesome build! I ain't opposed to chopping up a bike, but "Friday night brain" convinced me that it was a holy Grail that they had chopped! I'd love to see more of the build, if there are any more pics, or links to the shop!

I think if you look thru the Ichi Bike Facebook photos (public page) you will find more pics. Have to scroll back a ways. It's been a while. Even a pic of the original frame.
Tons of other cool stuff too.

View attachment 110429
This killer ride was made by Dan and Sam at Ichi Bike in Des Moines, Iowa. It was built from a early tandem frame. I believe later it received paint. I actually sold Dan the New Belgium script knobby tires on it. :)
Killer build from a killer bike shop.

1536434_925524687466383_7087849868476490965_n.jpg

Here is a picture I found after it was finished. :)

There's a guy around the corner from here, I ain't saying where, but he's close to the speedway. He's got around five old motorcross bikes just decorating the yard. Once I find the right frame, or if I notice he's selling the property, he and I will be having a conversation about them.

26 x 2.50 NO-Name Tires(Kenda maybe)

20200122-143312.jpg

True size is 2.40 on Sun XL Rims very tight between Chain-stays and Fork, Brake cable is less than 1/4" off tires :whew:

20200122-145058.jpg

20200122-145152.jpg

Used a Origin8 Cable Stop to change over from Canti to V-Brakes.

20200122-144723.jpg

1996 18" Kona Humuhumu Paint is trashed, ton of touch-up everywhere. This pic is big so it's thumbnail link.
Not sure if linking is allowed? Thought I read something in TOS about it?

Sun Rhyno XL lite 36Hole rims, GT BMX Flip-Flop Hub, Whit Brothers Trials Free-Wheel, Brooks seat, 90"s Shark-Bite pedals.

20200122-144708.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back