BMX Style Cruiser Bars, Can I get some options Please.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright folks, I'm Tinkering with this Mid-90's cruiser and trying to get that Sweet spot in a BMX Cruiser Bar at a affordable price :blackeye:

The stock bars have a ton of up-sweep but no Back-sweep, 27" wide is nice though.
I've tried the S&M Big Honks, No sweep back. Yuck
Felt Bars, nice sweep back but at 26 "wide? really?

1996-Kona-Humhumu.jpg

IMG-20191217-103057.jpg

Been looking at the AL's trans, Mr. Tick, S&M SAC Bars, ect...

Found this thread here http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/anyone-interested-in-custom-s-m-cruiser-bars.104919/

$70 and up

What are you guys using? and what was $$$ damage? Good lord on some of the Vintage stuff :crazy2:

Last edited:
WOW! That Hum is Mint-O :thumbsup:
Thanks for that BMX link, was looking at those Velo Orange Klunker bars and the Big K bars, good stuff.
So I guess all the nice bars are $70+ and up :eek:
Time for a sell-off of some stuff.

I’m using this set on my strandie currently.
I believe they came off some sort of ‘city/cruiser’ bike.
They’re silver painted steel
Almost like mini apehangers, but not really. Decent pullback (flat bars make my hands go numb after 3-4 miles).
dc2bbd053c0daf04c5de26c996c2b756.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Als are nice. I have a few of them. I’m pretty sure he has made them with different back sweep.

Mr. tick or tick one, makes nice klunker bars. They have a lot of back sweep. They are almost cartooney how big they are. He does a few different styles.

Wow, those Velo Orange Klunker bars look cool!

I've been running some S&M Husky bars the last year (my good friend has a set, too) and we've enjoyed them. They're WIDE!

I had them on my Jamis Earth Cruiser to start but now they're on my Sidewinder. My buddy runs his on his Schwinn heavyweight custom cruiser.

The bars/EC can be seen further down on this thread: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1982-jamis-earth-cruiser-5-speed.145026/

Last edited:
I don't know what that Bike Frame is, that pic is from Mr.Tick's Facebook site. It's definitely a True 3-Bar Cruiser or BMX for sure.

VELO ORANGE KLUNKER BARS are Sweet with a 45% Sweep, but takes a 25.4 stem, I need a 22.2 and sold-out in black.

It could be real!? though it looks as it has some mix&matched parts, Snowflake Sprocket, Square pedals ect..
Back in the day when stuff broke you used whatever was lay'n around. I had some real Funky Huffy's back in the early 70's :21:

p5pb12993843.jpg

Latest posts

Back