BMX beer getter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Life is finally giving me some bike time so I'm gonna do BMX style 26" with a rack to haul beer on. Starting with an 88' Schwinn Essence chromoly MTB frame. I like the 990 mounts! :cool2:

KIMG0219_zpsd4stafn4.jpg

Last edited:
I like where this is going! I gotta say tho, I was hoping you'd leave it pink..
dig the bottom mounted u brake. I just started building a schwinn sierra with the same set up.

And, arayas got my vote.

I like where this is going! I gotta say tho, I was hoping you'd leave it pink..
dig the bottom mounted u brake. I just started building a schwinn sierra with the same set up.

And, arayas got my vote.

The arayas are actually on nice ACS hubs and really clean, so i decided to save them as is for a some color and gold build. I thought the weimanns were on crappy hubs, turns out they are decent shimano so i am cleaning them up to run as is also. so nice to not have to build wheels. :giggle:

KIMG0270_zpscmuidxbm.jpg

Had some time this evening and got the rear hub set up on single speed with a solid axle, just need to clean the hoops a bit more and the wheels are ready. Cut the forks down and got all the bearings in as well. Hopefully the rest of the parts will show up this week!

KIMG0280_zpshkkpah40.jpg

I finally cleaned my garage and found my bike scale, 27 pounds. Not bad for a 26 and a full ten pounds lighter than the worksman I have been bashing around on.

Swapped out the seat post to make it a little more knee friendly for us big guys.

KIMG0379_zps6fytvtga.jpg

Latest posts

Back