Blues Brothers Bike. Done in jail. BLUESSICAL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big step of progress was made this evening on the ratrodbikes.com build off 12 Blues Brothers bike. #Blussical the Dual drive train has come to life!!! A rear flip flop BMX hub with 2 freewheels. Gold Chains on both sides. 2 right side gear drive cranks. Also using a new school spring loaded rear axle mount drop stand. The whole set up works super smooth. Needed to use 2 right side peddles. The left side peddle had to be modified to stay in the crank arm. With a longer shaft and bolted on the back. Also going to have to use a different chain tensioner set up. I used some derailor pulleys and some chain guard brackets. But it's to flimsy. But so far I have a dual drive train that gives power on both sides. Next will be the front dual disk brake set up. Then let's lace up some wheels!!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So is it just freewheeling on the left side when you're pedaling, or were you able to thread it on "backwards"?

The Ratrodbikes.com build off 12 #BLUESSICAL is really coming to life. The front Dual disk brake hub is all set. I could not find a dual hub so I made one. Regular 6 bolt on the right side. Using this screw on adaptor for a rear hub. With a 6 bolt pattern. Making threads on the hub and drilling and taping some set screws to make sure it does not unthread. Now I have a front hub with dual disk brake. Dual drive train. Dual springer. Next will be to get the caliper mounted on the left side. Also making both calipers work together and make some brackets and cables. The Blues Brothers Build is making headway.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Putting the band back together

Be careful with the right pedal on the left side, the reason for the reverse threading is to prevent the pedal from unthreading from the crank while pedalling, would suck if it backed out on you!

keep the rubber side down!

Now that's one hip set of shoes! Rim width 45-50 mm? This rat's going out for the night in style! :cool2:

That dual drive is a work of art man!

Rat Rod Bikes build off 12 #BLUESSICAL front dual disc has come to life and functions!!!! Had to get one of them eBay brake mounts for the left side. A little shimming, bending and twisting and its on. Used a reflector bracket to mount the adjuster and dual brake cable. Also some frame cable mounts and its rolling and working smoothly. Might go with some braided line as break casing in the future. Now I have wheels on it. Next is bars and stem have a few different brain storms
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Making progress

Keep it going Elwood!
Love this build!

Finally got a chance to mess with some handle bars. Defiantly going with the ones in the first pic. Lower and cool. Had to some trimming to Make the thredless stem adaptor work. But I made it happen. Also had to cut the top cap a little. Also got the rear kick stand on. We are in roller form. Maybe time for a quick ride to see how it handles.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Let's ride. #BLUESSICAL

Latest posts

Back