*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>>>>>>>DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a chance on Sunday to play around a bit...
So I measured up the headstems to see what I need to take off...
I want to keep the lugs as it would be a shame to remove them.

You have to love the free bearings,and the way they fall everywhere....
2 had been demolished...

Not a problem as I have lots of lil balls a waiting...

Nice lil slice taken out...

Cut another tube to fit inside,make it stronger,and for safety...

Cardboard cut out of the bar design to fit a torpedo tank...

I'm really liking this one!

This frame detail is very cool.:cool2:
CAM00162.jpg

I'm really liking this one!

This frame detail is very cool.:cool2:
CAM00162.jpg
Your right RM, a lot work went into building these french bikes...I'm guessing it is a high end bike.... Wish I knew more on the history,or the maker...The frame is ultra light,these darts(what I understand) are to strength the tubes??? If anyone knows what they are called or more info....Let me know....

Most likely a combination of design elements, and functional strengthening. On aluminum MTB frames I have broken over the years, this is, in general, the area they tend to fail. Funny though, frame gussets are generally on the top and bottom of the tubes to take this kind of
up/down/forward/back load stress, not sideways.... Just guessing.

Last edited:
Great work on that headtube!

Well very windy here last few days,and won't be stopping until Saturday... Managed to weld the head-tube together this morning,also I sanded the paint off the lugs... And I found more numbers 8228 and 5 below with 52 L off to the side....Also the darts on one side...Will take pics soon...Thought maybe it would bring the darts out more!!!

Last edited:
can't wait to see more frame detail!!!!!
Not to sure about it Troy....Considering I really would like to keep the patina how it is,"rusty n scratchy "(sounds like a cartoon)But will leave it up to yr votes...;)

Latest posts

Back