*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>>>>>>>DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is looking awesome! What a beast though!!! You need to cut some holes in the bottom to allow some Fred Flintstone power. :p
:21: might need to find a thinner one,but the same length... Besides designing the sidecar , as a flat-bed also.

Placed the moto on the bike to start getting a idea of where to mount...
I t would have to be high up for the pedal clearance,looks odd.

But I have this donar with a 15cm axel,seems to be ok,glides by on either side.

Will make some pins,if not I will have to order a french axel...

dogleg crank?

Carl.
3 bit french,axles normally between 125cm to 135cm... Took the one off this cheap bike with good parts,english crank....

Spent some time today BAM... Found a seat off a kids gokart at the gyspy camp,a little bit of spray and it should be fine.

Also manged to cut and weld the shape of the top bar...

Still have to mount it to the frame,but want to add on something to hold the tank on with first.
Managed to get the forks apart,stripped,regreased,and was also able to match the color to the frame... I am using a mix of wood and wall water base paints(left overs from what ever)... Slapped it on,makes the bike look a lil fresher. My idea was to try and keep the original scratch style patina...So I thought using paints that dont belong on metal,would allow the rust to start finding its way quicker...Well it doesnt like to scratch off easy...:grin:
Why is it when you take care,the patina comes off,and when you want it ruff it's glued on...:headbang:

Minnehaha also grabbed some color...Still have to weld doodads on...I'm doing evreything back the front:crazy2:

Looking good! That seat is a good fit!

Luke.
I have 2,but I think this one will fit better...
I see you have been building 2 bikes,is that to make up for Big Jim...:rofl:

Managed to get more things done on BAM over the weekend...
As I wanted to keep the frame as original as possible, I started making a lug for the top bracket.

Using left over fork tube from other builds...

I also made a bracket for the motor to mount to...
I used a old set of atv handlebars that were bent,slid another pipe bit from off the frame that was thicker and welded it on... I will use the rubber from a inner tube to wrap around...Hope this will kill a lot of the vibration...

Managed to weld both bars onto the frame.

Also welded the bars onto Minnehaha.

I have these old fenders from off a Garelli motocycle not sure if I will mount them yet...

So only a few more things left for the frame.
1/ Weld 2 doobies to hold the tank on.
2/ Widen the rear stays
3/ Weld a headlight bracket
4/ Make a seat post
5/ Maybe a bottom rail under the tank?:39:

Lookin' good. Is the sidecar going to be permanently attached? Is it heavy as it looks?

Carl.

Great progress Miss Funk!
I am so envious of that fork!!
Awesome build!

Latest posts

Back