Blu - Gal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some bikes just don't get it . Well Blu-Gal took one look in the mirror and started shaking her old crooked finger and yelling . I don't know about you boy's and your grudge mentality's .
Come on now , rusty bikes , upside-down handlebars or a seat with looong springs ? I tried to explain how we look at it as a
new seat.jpg
form of art but she just don't get it . So dug out another Person's seat that I picked up here from another member . Added stiffer springs and cups . Used 20 year old SEM paint I had left over and painted the rest in flat metallic . Now just waiting for the next change order ?

Last edited:
When I tried using the Worksman spokes with hollow hubs for the trike the spokes are to long . Can any one
recommend a easy spoke calculator that might work for this
application ?

This one should work. https://bikeschool.com/index.php/resources/spoke-calculator No over lock nut dimension that would make it confusing with a trike hub. Just measure from flange to flange and divide by 2 to get your hub center to flange center measurement. You can click on the little question mark boxes to get explanations of the different values they're asking for.

Love this build!

This one should work. https://bikeschool.com/index.php/resources/spoke-calculator No over lock nut dimension that would make it confusing with a trike hub. Just measure from flange to flange and divide by 2 to get your hub center to flange center measurement. You can click on the little question mark boxes to get explanations of the different values they're asking for.

Love this build!
Thank You . I'm new to building wheels .

The NOS Worksman front loader wheels came inView attachment 98289 View attachment 98290 and I like the unique drop centers . When I tried using the Worksman spokes with hollow hubs for the trike the spokes are to long . Can any one
recommend a easy spoke calculator that might work for this
application ?

Lookin good soo far ,looks like you have a good eye for this kinda thing, I must say tho when I saw the frame with tank and rear end on a light bulb blew up !
light-bulb-idea.png

I'm not really a tricycle type of guy, but this thing is RAD !!

There's no such thing as free truss rods . I recvd. this J C Higgins truss rod set up for next to nothing , thinking it would look good with the handlebars I'm using . The bike omen's showed up and the Elgin fork did not have enough threads to accommodate the brackets . After 3 hours of mixing and matching parts , I think I'm going to settle on this set up ?
blu tross.jpg

Been busy cleaning up a rental property we have . Slumlord duties . But got around to relacing the Worksman wheels and picked three Deli WW tires . They were the fattest WW I could find at 2.35 "

Attachments

• tires deli.jpg
    tires deli.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 148
How did the light turn out?

Perfect!

"Following your imaginations as they turn into reality , has been a real joy for me ."~ sandman

Now that quote is a keeper! Very well said, and heartfelt by me for sure. I feel the same about the site, and this community.

The forces have been against this build and I have all but given up . We just finished a complete remodel on our rental but were able to almost double the rent . I was planing on a big push this weekend , but now I have to prepare for this ? Hurricane dorian
hurrican.png

Hang in there and be safe above all else!
Great job on upsizing your rental income. I have 10 units, so I can relate to your work.
In the aftermath of Dorian, if you have time, do your best to at least piece together what you can of this cool build to cross the line.
Best wishes on making it through Dorian safely. We'll be tracking it up here in Savannah.

Maybe I can hook up with you the next time I'm in Savannah and you can show me the secrete local hang outs ? We love old
Savannah and St Augustine . You be safe also KF theirs no telling
where this storm is heading . Even NOAA's confused ?

Latest posts

Back