Blackout... brighter pics. added... guess I made a hotrod and got mooned again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work man . She [emoji102] sweet ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenders extended both are 2 piece need to finish mounts, bars I thought this thing needed flat long pull back but after getting it outside and staring at it farther away not so sure now as once they are raised some for stem may look out of place o_O guess I need to get my stem built. I may be in Kingfish bar debating territory now I think what to do.........

so I dug these back out

as time is short a buddy is going to carve out a new wood seat base little longer and wider for me as I have no time to make a metal pan and I am yet undecided where the tubes will end up coming out of frame below seat. I will however post later tonight another update on something I have been working on :whistle:

I HAVE MADE FIRE (quoting Tom Hanks in Castaway) was easier for me though LOL. thought I would throw this in also on this build that I haven't seen before either on a bike threw a few clues out earlier just need to get the other side done

8da2a7a9d4255351ddca951991055763.jpg

Cool man! Metal-tastic. How will you be aging the shiny alu drive? Any paint coming or are you staying true to your previous raw metal style here?

The fenders are sick brother!!!
Flame on Johnny Storm!!!
The torch is good scale for the bike and follow the lines well.
Kinda reminds me of the Jet engine that @tvc15 put on his Frightliner back in BO6

Oooh, fire? This bike will be tough to beat. Can't wait to see it done.

me to time is short :eek:

Pulling out all of the stops on this one! Three weeks left, better stay on task!:cool2:

I see late nights in my future :D

Cool man! Metal-tastic. How will you be aging the shiny alu drive? Any paint coming or are you staying true to your previous raw metal style here?

It will be all black some shiny some not hence the name :)

The fenders are sick brother!!!
Flame on Johnny Storm!!!
The torch is good scale for the bike and follow the lines well.
Kinda reminds me of the Jet engine that @tvc15 put on his Frightliner back in BO6

I have been wanting to do these deep fenders with this fork for awhile and the X53 turned out to be a good match being beefier looking.

On the pencil torch deal I wasn't even planning on them but when I came across them they spoke to me being a hotrodder seemed like a fit for a something different.

One thing that has been keeping me up at night is what to do with the bars coming out of frame below the seat I need to figure that out real soon...

Thanks all, back to work.......

One thing that has been keeping me up at night is what to do with the bars coming out of frame below the seat I need to figure that out real soon...

Maybe something like this? :p

zToS4MHl.jpg

I had assumed that you would put your spin on the iconic X53 rack brace. Now I'm scratching my head wondering what your thinking.:39:

If you want my opinion (and i'm sharing whether you want it or not) That saddle is not working. Its the wrong era and those long springs are disturbing the flow. I think if you took it off it might reveal some possibilities for the bars to nowhere.

I had assumed that you would put your spin on the iconic X53 rack brace. Now I'm scratching my head wondering what your thinking.:39:

so am I :( blew thru 20 + foot of half inch conduit mocking different things up good thing its super cheap. I do know the x53 rack is out I did want to use but where I want the seat positioned just not going to work just sits way to far back. here is where I am at kinda for extra seat bracing right now as seat is set back farther. I don't see the tubes extending beyond the seat much at this point unless I get a brain storm but sure didn't happen today:(

If you want my opinion (and i'm sharing whether you want it or not) That saddle is not working. Its the wrong era and those long springs are disturbing the flow. I think if you took it off it might reveal some possibilities for the bars to nowhere.

I like all opinions good or bad that's why I throw out a lot of different stuff some of which I do I wonder what the heck was I thinkin?. I don't mind mixing different era parts but will agree with this one after staring at it more I was trying to draw the front spring out more but I am starting to overthink a lot on this build need to step back have a beer and hit reset.....

Maybe you're over thinking the rack braces. In my mind it would be very close to the original to keep the X53 vibe. If the rack itself won't work, just leave it off.

Something like this:
x53.jpg

You could still add the torch by drilling into the brace where it curves up or somewhere else all together like under the braces in line with the shaft drive.

Thanks TRM I think I have it figured out now be kinda like original but guess like you said before will have a twist, worked on it this morning but this afternoon has been a bust my wasps are back in full force building a different nest somewhere in this mess right by where I work :mad:

pest guy is coming back tomorrow afternoon another setback

bent some 3/4 tube for rear still dealing with the mud wasps persistent things building in different areas

still need to deal with the lower rear area things will be cut and shorter and ? have a few ideas and get the stem welded up and detail on it, time is short so I have had to scratch some stuff off my to do list and focus on getting the main part done and go from there and for some reason in all my mockups I did not like just a single lower bar for rear so made it double and added a extra small curved bar for extra seat support.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! I love the parallel angles on the new rear bars with the seatstays and the downtube. That is how the original X53 should have been done,

Latest posts

Back