"BLACKJACK" MiniVelo FatBike BUILD. (New owner, new progress soon!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is! The update you have been waiting for! (Well the update I have been waiting for anyway...) :happy:

Joined the frame up!

So, kicked the fire up, that took some effort because it was damp from all the dew and frost:

14691992606_159cbab9e9_z.jpg

Sorry for the lack of progress shots here, I got carried away!

Assembled:

14711810631_479f84207a_z.jpg

Fully welded shots:

14528330069_df7de50dfd_z.jpg

14714687762_053ea8efaa_z.jpg

14528306390_96a80d4928_z.jpg

14734841493_69ba2fdcd3_z.jpg

As you can see in that last shot, I was actually wearing boots, that is how cold it is!

Very happy with the frame, the photo's do not do it justice, looks amazing!

Next step will be the fork dropouts and then it will be up on it's wheels, then handlebars and drivetrain/brake mounts.

So happy with how it is coming together! :banana:

Luke.

Looks crazy; I like it.
Oh yeah! It is crazy!

Took some interesting working out to get it all straight for welding, ended up using the lines on the work board, trimming the fork legs the right length, spacing the BB up the right amount and then I could just sit the dropouts on the board and be sure they would be straight and level, went together fairly smoothly after that.

Luke.

Off topic for a second... Did Trek ever release the Broadsider?

I LIKE BIKES
No, it was a one off "see what we can do" show bike unfortunately, personally I think they should produce it, they would sell!
I actually have it as my desktop background as the moment, that bike is a work of art!

Luke.

Pretty close! I did choose to lean the seat tube back a bit to give me more room, but other than that it looks pretty spot on!

I actually like that it is a different angle to the forks now, now none of the angles match so your eye is not drawn to one point, very cool...

Luke.

WOW LUKE!!!!
You have outdone yourself on that frame!! I didn't how wide it was going to be either.
Extremely professional design and execution!
BRAVO BROTHER!!!

WOW LUKE!!!!
You have outdone yourself on that frame!! I didn't how wide it was going to be either.
Extremely professional design and execution!
BRAVO BROTHER!!!
Thanks King, really happy with it, this may well be my best bike yet!

Luke.

Wicked mini
:thumbsup:

The frame is actually fairly large, but it makes them wheels look tiny! :21: They are actually bigger than the wheels on my Joker build:

14639048724_5d982f168e_z.jpg

Luke.

Lol maxi mini
Maybe a pic of both together?
Will do once I get the front wheel dropouts on, hard to hold it up as it is and the Joker build has no kickstand either...

Luke.

Here in Australia we are required by law to wear helmets while riding bikes, but the two helmets I have, a bright red road/race helmet and a flared army style BMX/Skate helmet were not going to cut it for riding this build, been keeping an eye out for a while for an off road racing/downhill MTB full-face helmet at a price I could live with and stumbled on an absolute steal of a deal on some 2012 stock on mega clearance... So this is on it's way to me:

14562148047_471be5baf4_z.jpg

Would have preferred a full black one, but that would have been 4 times the price...

Took advantage of their "free post over $100" deal and threw in two 20x1.65 100psi Maxxis Roamer tires for my MiniVelo racer along with matching tubes and two new Sunrace chains for it too. (yes it needs 2 chains to get around that monster 120 tooth sprocket!)

14748690335_49e68a5120_z.jpg

Also picked up a good KMC chain for the Joker MiniVelo and 2 thorn proof tubes for a friends MTB and still only just got over the $100 mark including the helmet...

The helmet retails at $150 by itself normally... o_O

Love finding exactly the thing you were looking for and did not expect to find in your price range for a steal... :happy:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back