BlackDiamond V Diabolical_Dork V ChicagoMuscle Guy Buildoff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Sure, remember we don't heal as fast as we used to though."
Good point! :lol: :lol: You are right I do need a Stingray! A violet one!

Almost done! Waiting for my blue chain come in at the bike shop, need to clean and mount the rear reflector and put the Arrow decals on the front forks otherwise she is ready to ride.
c3906ee45ebdbb21bf6bb69e0cb949c1.jpg

Your pic is not working man. Blue chain? Thats going to be cool!

Diabolical_Dork said:
Your pic is not working man. Blue chain? Thats going to be cool!

Picture fixed thanks for letting me know. Chain should look good I think was supposed to have it already but the shop dropped the ball on ordering it originally. Hopefully I will get it mid week and can finish her off.

Thanks! I hope to get a chain guard finished for it this coming weekend.

Not much going on over here been busy with the house and kids, so not alot of spare time. Still waiting on my chain hopefully today, then I can make some progreess finishing up in the next few days. Looking forward to my son taking the bike for a spin, no snow yet and fingers crossed it stays that way.

Nice looking bikes - good progress.... have not paid much attention to this buildoff ( MY bad ) .. good idea though, nice builds without the 'purist' attitude. love em ... have one I could have entered, too.....

One word: DONE! As I post this, I'm proud to report that this 1976 Bicentennial StingRay is Finished. Here's the Spec's
Spec's:
1) Date Coded and Powdercoated 1976 Schwinn Stingray Frame
2) Era correct Stingray Handlebars, Seatpost, Sissy Bar
3) Aftermarket Banana Seat
4) S-7 Front and Rear Rims, Schwinn Gripper Slik rear tire and Westwind front tire(Rear rim to be updated to S-2 later this year w/ NOS Slik)
5) S-2 Rear Fender, Cats Eye rear reflector, Red Glitter Schwinn Grips
6) Stingray Crank and Sprocket, Custom Blue Chain
7) Red/White Headbadge and Bicentennial Stingray Decal Kit

3e59c978f564c2e34dde021be554554a.jpg

95a95a8e1839e6dca3936ebea101c96c.jpg

e3889f7dacb10be508ed78a7e7167ca5.jpg

f0ab40965984665f2aab7fb39ffde42e.jpg

1a59e56fe54d8d9cccf58ce1efb667ca.jpg

471d6480e26f122181ee26d676c2953e.jpg

eb69c4cd09b9ace762625cdfd7595f17.jpg

I will post some Outdoor pics once my streamers show up and it warms up a little. As of this posting the current temp here is 0...Cold!

My 'Ray will be back home tmro! I didnt use the stock Charger paint compleatly lol, it had gold effect in it, buuuuut i added more! :mrgreen:

Now its be decaled and i mixed up a special clear coat for it 8) It is show clear, with pearlidecent metalflake dust mixed in to give it an awesome custom effect :shock: 8) :mrgreen:

(Haha post number 1000!!!!!!!!!!)

Latest posts

Back