BlackDiamond V Diabolical_Dork V ChicagoMuscle Guy Buildoff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In Arkansas bombing the trails on a Dayton.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This will be BlackDiamond VS. Diabolical_Dork's VS. ChicagoMuscle Guy's Stingray Build off :D

Heres the rules of the Challenge 8)
1. Rebuild an original classic Stingray with Nos or new accessory parts
2. No frame changes
3. Modified Parts allowed if they look right on the bike
4. Paint-Any

Goal: build a nice classic stingray to ride the wheels off of!

I will post my parts stash soon today 8)

Re: BlackDiamond VS. Diabolical_Dork's Stingray Build off

sproc_zpsffe69594.jpg

Awesome Sprocket and wide ape hangers
uni_zpscf88ae7d.jpg

NOS Uniroyal blue glitter seat :shock:
newgr_zps93655ced.jpg

New vinyl Graphics :D
sis_zps66fd0394.jpg

And tall sissy bar 8)

As soon as the bike arrives ill get a move on it :D

Nice. What are we thinking as far as a deadline? Have had a busy day didn't even pull any parts out.

Awesome parts! :D I like that sissy bar!! :p

Good deal man. Excited to see what ya got coming in the mail. I still havent got any progress or even taken pics of parts yet. Spent the morning at the hospital with my Mother in law.

Did your frame come? Hope to get some parts gathered up today.

If we have to push back th start date , it won't hurt my feelings any. Pretty hectic time of year and all. Plus some family matters going on right now. Start January 1st? Whatever works.

Thanks for letting me jump in!

I will be working with a 76 Stingray frame, forks and guard that I bought about 4 wks ago from a RRB member. I am lucky as they had it stripped and powder coated white before I bought it, and it came with the Bicentennial decal kit. I plan to build it as a Bicentennial but on a budget. I will scavenger parts from my parts stash(mostly), buy from other RRB r's, and hit up the local Schwinn shop for oddities. The goal is to build a cool Stingray that can be riden and enjoyed by me or my son that's different. Going with the Bicentennial theme will do that but the bike will not be a restored 76 (parts only) Ray. The wheels as well as other parts will be off a a stripped 80's Bantam with a Shimano Coaster, it will be a single speed bike. I am still gathering parts but should be good to start 1/1. Here are a few pics.

76592394ef79c846137b86fbd7f281a0.jpg

41fa9ea32456eb635b8e48953649ec38.jpg

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Sweet! Welcome. I thought about buying that 76 when I saw it but had to restrain. If I get anymore bikes right now I will have too sell the vw to make room. That can't happen right now. This is gonna be fun. :D

Diabolical_Dork said:
Sweet! Welcome. I thought about buying that 76 when I saw it but had to restrain. If I get anymore bikes right now I will have too sell the vw to make room. That can't happen right now. This is gonna be fun. :D

Don't ever sell the VW before you ck with me! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Diabolical_Dork said:

Thanks for the Welcome, I am looking forward to the build. Did not know you were into VW's had to go find pic's of your Bug after I heard that, sweet ride! I am a VW guy to, small world we all live in. I will try and post a some pic's in Show us your car in the next few days to share. It's funny how many RRB's have the same interests Car, bikes etc. you are the 4th VW person I have now met.

Yap, as far as the bike goes I to tried to show restraint, mine failed.

Latest posts

Back