Black Tie-phoon Roadster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, we're down to the wire now, and I'm actually finished with my first entry into a Build-Off!
(The low-down on the details of the build can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39737)

As usual, I'm blown away (and intimidated) by the talent and fabricating skills here, but this was a blast to do, and it was kind of cool to finally "get my feet wet" in a build, regardless of the outcome. Best of luck to all competitors - obviously, no matter how the voting turns out, there isn't a loser in the bunch here! :D

As my first build post explained:
"The frame is a '65 Schwinn Typhoon I bought months ago from a member here. The glossy black powdercoat finish is perfect for the "formal" look I'm going for...
As the name implies, I'm looking to do something pretty different here - not ratty, but the polar opposite: classy, clean, yet kind of sporty, with a little attitude thrown in. I'm thinking something like the tux-wearing-James-Bond of cruisers. In other words, a "black tie" Typhoon - see where I'm going here?!"
8)

So, yes, I'm going against the grain a bit, "rat" wise, but this one sort of built itself in my head the moment I first saw it. Who am I, a mere mortal, to refuse? :wink:

Anyway, here we go -
What I started with ("Before"):

015-6.jpg

And the finished entry ("After"):

034-5.jpg

040-6.jpg

035-8.jpg

043-9.jpg

025-5.jpg

051-1.jpg

057-1.jpg

062.jpg

078-1.jpg

P.S. This baby rides like it's on a cloud, too! 8)

woot i get first post. sweet smooth ride love the last pic. i know mine would not sit on the kickstand like that. well done and good luck my friend!!

Beutiful job on this bike! You have achieved classyness. Well done

You stuck to your plan all along the way, and I'll tell you, I've been jealous of those of you who have been able to ride your bikes throughout the build.

Classy.

seeing this bikes, and some of the others, i kinda regret building a "rough" bike. these are just so clean and nice

Thanks, guys! This really was a lot of fun.

KC so-cal said:
very clean im lovin this build by the pictures it looks like your in my neck of the desert :?:

Hey KC - could be, where are you?!

Ah! No, just down the hill from you. These were taken in the Palm Springs area. Pretty close, though! 8)

Wow, just went over the entire list - there are 41 entries now! Lot's of great looking bikes out there, guys. Great job on all! 8)

Thank you, Mein Herr! :wink:

Latest posts

Back