BLACK DOG CYCLES FLAT TRACKER NOW DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! I came across this build because I was searching for others who had used an OHV in vertical orientation the way you have. Great build!

I'm about to start my first, using the same or similar engine, and I just wanted to confirm the gearing ratio you described (first post on this page) and see if you had any comments about the performance. Your ratio looks to be about 6:1, compared to the 18-22:1 that the kit 2-strokes come with. With 6.5hp though, perhaps it's enough, if you could confirm that would be great!

sorry, haven't been on here for ever! the gearing ratio is a little tall on take off but I can still take off without pedaling and it gets up to speed very fast. I wouldn't change it. it is absolutely perfect for all around riding and I can walk up any hill around. it really ticks off my friends that have whizzers, I pretty much just toy with them! :wink: motor is pretty much stock except billet rod and a little head work. the one problem I ran into tilting the motor is the oil holes in the side cover on the inside of the motor that oil the crank. you will need to drill new ones so it will oil correctly. when you tilt it, the factory ones that were on top end up on the bottom, not good! found out the hard way! :roll: not sure if your going to use a briggs, the Honda's or others may be different.

Latest posts

Back