Black Diamond Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well first off the name ,,,when I found this bike I new it was a Dimond in the rough . It had plenty of potential. With just enough patina and color I knew it was missing just one thing . That was the TRM TANK the fist time I saw Jim's tanks I new I had to have one some day .
It's taken me awhile to getting around to purchase one but I finally did yesterday. It's in shipping mode as we speak . This bike is a girls Ross frightliner or maybe called a star liner super deluxe. So thats how the name Dimond Super Deluxe came about.

So I'm going to try and get in on the Fun . If I can make some time in the next few months & get this thing built . Thankfully I have most of all the other parts to complete
The Dimond Super Deluxe .
This is how it looked when I bought it about a year ago for 40$ .
cced96b69a73950cbf460ad0cf80163a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Enjoy the fun of a TRM tank build G! Will you keep the original tank too? You might be too tanked to tink!

Lol now thats an idea don't think I've seen that one done yet . I will change the name of the build to .... Two Tanked To Ride [emoji482]

I think I remember you posting this when you got it.
I like how the two tubes stop at the seat tube, always thought those would make a good spot for brake lights on a TRM tank build.

Yes that would be a cool idea time will tell you know how these bike evolve & change direction a little during the build .

Well Sweet Home Alabama look what showed up today !!!! Thanks Jim for the hand crafted TRM Tank !!! What craftsmanship & quality. This tank is sold, ridged & tough.
f208769005e794faa2d051beec62e46d.jpg

Thanks Jim I owe you a cold IPA thanks brother [emoji1303][emoji1303]
30004ecf7607238d2d731d0342795883.jpg

I know this looks like a big mess well that's because it is , but it's all going to come together. Whereas my TRM TANK ????
c12aec962b609ce39f1e16eeed208b97.jpg

Cool build! Didn't we have a moratorium on alcohol references here because of the wee ones, or am I remembering that wrong?
Yep, I forgot about that. No direct references, thanks for the reminder.

Cool build! Didn't we have a moratorium on alcohol references here because of the wee ones, or am I remembering that wrong?

Thanks that could be not sure but I would not be surprised . It's not a typical reference so hopefully all is well . [emoji1303]

Yep, I forgot about that. No direct references, thanks for the reminder.
As I understand it, mentioning occasionally within threads is fine, but no threads dedicated to 'What Beer are you drinking today?' or anything like that. :thumbsup:

Nice frame G-Matt! I don't think it would be possible to run both tanks on there without cutting a huge amount out of one of them though?

As I understand it, mentioning occasionally within threads is fine, but no threads dedicated to 'What Beer are you drinking today?' or anything like that. :thumbsup:

Nice frame G-Matt! I don't think it would be possible to run both tanks on there without cutting a huge amount out of one of them though?

Thanks Luke for the feed back . I will stay on point from now on . Re guarding the second tank I think odd job was just kidding around. I don't think that would work very well nor look good . The TRM Tank is all I need on this bike for sure .

Latest posts

Back