black bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buzzy said:
100_0583.jpg

100_0585.jpg

100_0582.jpg
Wow !!! who needs coffee,that will wake ya up. Very cool ! 8)

My mom's Rudge that I just replaced tires/tubes, greased up and adjusted for her. She said she wanted to ride it some. She hasn't yet. Too bad. It rides quite nicely. She got it for her 12th (I think) birthday which puts it at about a 1953. But could be older I imagine since bikes ca sit in shops for awhile occasionally. The rod brakes work really well.
This is how my dad has stored it for the last 50 years.
momsbike.jpg

sorry for the blurry phone pic.

thatismytruck said:
My mom's Rudge that I just replaced tires/tubes, greased up and adjusted for her. She said she wanted to ride it some. She hasn't yet. Too bad. It rides quite nicely. She got it for her 12th (I think) birthday which puts it at about a 1953. But could be older I imagine since bikes ca sit in shops for awhile occasionally. The rod brakes work really well.
This is how my dad has stored it for the last 50 years.
momsbike.jpg

sorry for the blurry phone pic.
It looks so lonely just hanging there. :cry:

she's not too lonely, my old 1978 Raleigh Record is hanging nearby :oops: That pic is before I washed her up. She looks very nice now. I'll take some clean photos soon.

Here is my black bike still under reconstruction. Trying to get it trimmed out.

phantom2.jpg

phantom1.jpg

This project started out as a $75 usd box of parts purchased locally. It was an apparent abandoned build. The frame, chainguard, and forklegs had been powder coated in black. The tank and most of the springer had been rechromed. It had no wheels and most of the loose hardware was missing, but originally I was just looking for a tank and a chainguard for my old tired Schwinn. It was in such great shape that I decided to at least get it ridable for a Holloween cruise coming up. It wont be finished, and I admit that I've taken some liberty with it. I put the white pin striping on the chainguard and thought my effort looked like crap, so I took it off and just trimmed the chainguard to my liking. Found some S-2 rims and have a Bendix Multispeed hub and shifter for the rear. Have re-pop electrics for it. Going to see how the Electra chrome fenders work for it. The front drum is a Sturmey Archer. Forewheels are kinda pricey. I'm sure an affordable Forewheel will come along eventually. I've seen some great looking Phantoms shown on this site before, and that was kinda my inspiration to do this. Still a long ways from being finished with it, but It sure has been a fun build so far. Thanks!!!

Black bikes? Black bike? Let me check. Maybe just a few.
P1010853.jpg

'83 H.D., 60? Royce Union, 71 Triumph, 67' Schwinn (King Daddio), 56 Schwinn American, and in the first pic my 07' Specialized Hard Rock is in the background.
P1010860.jpg

P1010868.jpg

and I just finished this 61' Raleigh Sports Dyno-hub.
P1011068.jpg

I unfortunately dont have these anymore. First one I sold, second one got stolen a while back. I think I need to convert one of my bikes to black, every bike geek needs one black bike (at least) in his collection!!

muttnw3.jpg

johnny5.jpg

A few black bikes I have
A 1954 Vulcan
2951072902_e9e9e690fa.jpg

An AMC Roadmaster
2950246365_ea0bd6c07c.jpg

A 1952 Indian Scout
2950206407_141a4bf443.jpg

There are others farther back in the MEAT LOCKER

No cars on mars

I got another project underway, but I put my first two bikes in the "Black Bikes" mix! :D

26lowcruise002ei1.jpg

20lowrider020ys0.jpg

chimichanga said:
Jimbo1959 said:
Here is another one of my Black Bikes...my Grocery Getter

Grocery-Getter-2.jpg
what kind of tires are those?

Chimichanga,

The tires are Electra Retro Runners....they come in white wall, black wall and the red walls you see here...and possibly other colors as well, depending on what Electra has in their inventory/warehouse, etc. and what they have released to your local dealer(s).

Latest posts

Back