Billy Jack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Billy Jack

Still waiting for the axle to come back keyed, so not much to do on Mr. BJ but get into trouble. 8)

Big C and I grabbed some cool metal work at the Brooklyn Rumblers show last summer. These are water-jetted 3/16" thick pieces of steel that were sold by the pound. Wish I'd bought more. They had anything you could imagine. Unfortunately, neither of us can remember the company name.

I thought, hmmmm, maybe I could use one as a shifter bracket. I cut the bat wings off this skull and got soem 1/4" steel and had it welded to the top and back of the skull. Then drilled the shifter hole and notched out the top of the bracket to catch the shifter back plate. Gonna get it welede to the frame after final mock up.

Spin

100_0451.jpg

100_0452-1.jpg

100_0453-1.jpg

hey spinman ...i belive the place u got the cut outs was called SPEED CULT...i buy stuff from them every year at the HUNNERT CAR PILE UP ...they have big ol huge tarps laid out in front of the trailer with piles of stuff everywhere...there out of detriot ...!!! im pretty sure anyway !!!! and i cant wait till u get this baby done its an awsome build !!!!! MIKE

"...i belive the place u got the cut outs was called SPEED CULT...i buy stuff from them every year at the HUNNERT CAR PILE UP ...they have big ol huge tarps laid out....."

Thanks Mike. I tried to google all kinds of words to find this biz. Hopefully I can find them now. :D

Spin

Finally got the keyed axle back, and can now throw this beast together.

Had to build a wood scaffold just to support the frame whilst mounting the tires.

Seems to roll pretty smooth, albeit not like a 30 pound beach cruiser.

Both chain lines seem clear of everything, so, next thing is to get a hub cradle built to weld on to the rear frame section.

After that, it's time to throw the chains on, mount some bars and front brake, and peddle til I have a stroke.

Spin

100_0450-1.jpg

100_0451-1.jpg

100_0452-2.jpg

100_0453-2.jpg

Re: Billy Jack - it's ALIVE!

Looking good! BTW how big is it? 8)

Looking good Nice work :!:

pretty rad spin! cant wait to see a riding vid!

Amazingly awesome! I hope to work a suicide shifter on one of my builds.

Bent the alum. shifter stock with a makeshift jig using a barbell plate clamped into my vise
I was praying that weight held in place as I was pulling the shifter towards myself.

100_0457-4.jpg

100_0458-2.jpg

drilled a mess of holes into it for lightness and koolness

100_0459-2.jpg

had the hub cradle mad and set up. Next week i'll get the cradle and shifter bracket weleded up.

100_0460-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back