** BILLET BULLET ** RRBBO#4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for checking out the ol' Bullet again guys!

@ Skipton:
The toe is fine. I have half a nail (new!) slowly growing on it. ;-) I know the pics look aweful (sorry for that) but surprisingly it didn't hurt AT ALL. :)

I'm loving the bike so much now with the 'new' look... Never planned to use white for a seat and grips, but it looked so good with the dark blue paintjob. I always wanted to try out bartape, and thought this was the right project. I got really scared after the accident and Galtbacken made me realize how lucky I was not having that handlebar dug somewhere in my body... So the sharp hollow bar-ends just had to go. My initial plan was to use a dark 'red' leather racing seat and matching tape. But then the only way to go is 'Brooks' ...and I don't have that kind of money to put in a bike. (someday however...) So this look will have to do, at least till next summer.

I did however made a few changes after last posts...

mix_206.jpg

mix_205.jpg

mix_209.jpg

^ I put the front fender back on (new) and used the old braces including my 'anti-theft-not-so-quick-realease'-system ;-)

mix_203.jpg

^ Frontlight-bracket moved to the rear and turned into rearlight-bracket ;-)

mix_202.jpg

^ The Billet Bullet, as it sits now.

...But I have a big problem. I think there's something wrong with my freewheel. It didn't 'grab' the hub when I pedaled. (?) Hopefully it's just dirty and a matter of taking it apart and cleaning up. However I don't have that kind of experience. Not to mention the tools.

I hope I'll have the guts soon to tackle this job. And when I do I'll try and make a singlespeed out of it...

Latest posts

Back