Bikes from obscure brands.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The frame geometry is different than the Hyper...
I don't know how I missed those details. Now that you mention it though, they're quite obvious.
Never saw an OP bike in Walmart
I didn't see em in the store either, I found a link. There is a little history of the op acquisition by Walmart
https://wheretheroadforks.com/99-walmart-bike-review-the-op-roller-beach-cruiser/Funny thing, the article contains a link to Ratrod bikes, someone else here has (had) one...
https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/would-a-cruiser-by-any-other-name-ride-so-sweet-op-roller.94781/

This morning by chance I saw this interesting bike:
View attachment 242597
Never heard of the brand Utopia before.
Then while at a festival in the afternoon I ran into an old friend who was riding this beauty:
View attachment 242596
View attachment 242595
Believe it or not: Same brand! Utopia!

He told me a bit about the company that built it. Located in Germany, specialized in building bikes with small diameter tubing, now manufacturer of the famous Pedersen bikes. It used to be a very important company for the German bike culture as they pushed forward a lot on general bike infrastructure...
Utopia also makes 'bikepacking' bikes with a crossframe. I considered buying one before building my "Pope Roger" bike :grin:

Utopia also makes 'bikepacking' bikes with a crossframe. I considered buying one before building my "Pope Roger" bike :grin:
Do you have a Weblink from the company? I seem to find only one that doesn't fit into the picture that my friend told me about (lots of small tubing and such...).

IMG_1969.jpeg
IMG_1968.jpeg
Fahrvergnugen !! Seen this outside one of our dorm buildings. I can’t imagine it was a big seller !

From 1995 to 2008, Trek and Volkswagen teamed up. Trek made some decent VW branded bikes, some were part of a package you could get when you bought a car. They had a racing team too. I'd assume yours is not from this partnership
1231010264715-144ljtmqdtym8-6699238.jpg

From 1995 to 2008, Trek and Volkswagen teamed up. Trek made some decent VW branded bikes, some were part of a package you could get when you bought a car. They had a racing team too. I'd assume yours is not from this partnership View attachment 243224
I knew a guy that had a ‘98 Trek edition Volkswagen Jetta. Nice little car🙂

Most of the bikes I own are rare, and yet at the same time they are as common as could be.

The majority of my bikes are Romet designs, the big Polish bicycle company of the Communist era that collapsed gradually during the 1990s and early 2000s, until the remains were bought up by a newer Polish bicycle company. It is doing quite well these days.

Welcome to Romet's dark days...

Most of the bikes here are former Romet Jubilats, a bike which began life in the late 1960s and finally died somewhere around 2018.

Here is a bike marked 'Tigger', from about 2005, sold from a supermarket.

ADCreHe46Wz_ZouuKwn3XnyMcjP4uBZ4tQNr5hw-gZKi-6_gI31Ozww03_DNGGjiNaVXmSPfi-b_8dlBVIlOYRedram0tNjAq5BJPifzbW8SH13kvduawv_jGXwGWG_3lqSnMCb-I2Iylne6D8ASBV73rtIo=w1047-h963-s-no-gm

This one is marked 'Smart', and came from the same supermarket, at the same time.

ADCreHd1elOmqRNg6XjMm6_8e0myYaVyVZ9HdDW-vhUemkU0R2oTDsGBXNsnbYmMx-aqhwIgjlCMpI12TR24gCNzIaN6Cts7zKLo2mgVufbRE8ymVOIXpIoWKBnhPUfBYXrDi5LCZNbrrVByByNoJcI1nQ0l=w809-h963-s-no-gm

This is an early Zefir, pretty much the same bike as above.

ADCreHdxSjQSMGEoeojpkXdVQbTxohNW1JYomkCdLfwdl2tup6rq2lgRYuzMq3IJOhkBh3em9hynfKpyqJGK9UCjl9vPmm5QR-oXzawYg89SXrhYXT94UUNeLMHOXrFFp70pX6yF4_c8ycJf2GxwMdT0dHZh=w1085-h963-s-no-gm

This is the newest version of the Zefir that I have seen, with quite a few minor changes.

ADCreHcv7gm2o04DkOcIbptRyMSanaECubCxgv_aixYqkgkdWMHo6wH0EwJ5vUfJKz1vKlnMCAW4boTd_HdhouXtfrE_07yQuYS92AfbeVzvgdSuVRXdrDJTwlLYehm4_Vvap00S6_oGQz3-KLGsVCtwGGNs=w913-h963-s-no-gm

This is Danusia, and it even has a website address that is no longer functional.

ADCreHeWOrwCa1eq6UaXGYZq0MJdwr_wjc-TEDSUfZfNmjVrDlahFQaUwjZ009sx3020uyk22IIzUE7LIi7DDORwPV2CeepFVa3Ly7JtTFqqh8OLu-3_z93sE3aAQNfgYlKpOSwP-EPile99CbrAxztkYY0=w542-h963-s-no-gm

Finally, a bike that is not a Jubilat, but it is still a collection of Romet parts. I have never knowingly seen this particular model of bike before.

ADCreHf1wxBBuTO4-ndJGhZEbBDCeMfxR57GAlJHfbqgSCm3DzS9TKG8Y39qC55WE4RoxCubpYOkYJbk8K24HnyowHQK-bcH7u-_eapvgjCOh9a8N3PgR8xgiHiu79i_ibMpsRY2Evjy_Y3a8sTFAVSGkgOX=w1567-h963-s-no-gm

There are websites out there with people really interested in Romets, but not particularly these bikes.

Latest posts

Back