Bike Swap & Art Fest - JUNE 9th, 2012 Mark your calendar!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here's a BIG ANOUNCEMENT... The waitresses from a national restaurant chain, that happen to wear little orange shorts, will be stopping by the swap meet! The young ladies will be there for a very short period of time to dole out chicken wing/drum samples along with coupons for dining in. In addition, restaurant was very gracious and donated a couple of really nice door prizes to give away too. We will welcome them to our tent next to "check-in". If you blink, you'll miss them.

Clark

i might have to work overtime that satuday... im gonna be highly upset if this is true...

Easy E

OK Clark, save a spot for me. I'll have my trailer full of stuff and bikes.

Is this in a parking lot or on the grass and is there shade? Just need to know so I'll know how I'm going to set stuff up.

Thanks Don

Ratfink1962 said:
Thanks again for coming to the Haysville Swap.
I wish you guys the best of luck with your swap... I wont be able to make it because of vacation.

But Im hoping to get up your way for the Cinco De Mayo ride, I should know here soon if I can make it.

for those of youwho are worried about me going on vacation...i'm not. ratfink1962 is! i tried doing a quote and erased a line and the " "s. so yes, i'm going to the swap.

dos cruiser said:
OK Clark, save a spot for me. I'll have my trailer full of stuff and bikes.

Is this in a parking lot or on the grass and is there shade? Just need to know so I'll know how I'm going to set stuff up.

Thanks Don

Yeah, like Easy E said, it's a big parking lot. There is some indoor protection should a freak rain storm come along and you have a need to protect some particularly valuable items… and that would go for anyone in attendance. There should be plenty of room for us, the artists, the music stage, the food vendors, overflow parking, etc.

As time draws near for the swap date, I'll provide map whether it's a satellite view or geographical image for all to see.

Clark

John,Clark...I've taken the 8th off from work so I'll set up Friday afternoon/evening and be ready to help with other things as you see fit...I also plan on camping out for security reasons.Don...I've borrowed my boss' easy-up thingy...I'm not going to repeat Haysville & fry myself again! :oops: ..............................................P 8)

Pappy said:
John,Clark...I've taken the 8th off from work so I'll set up Friday afternoon/evening and be ready to help with other things as you see fit...I also plan on camping out for security reasons.Don...I've borrowed my boss' easy-up thingy...I'm not going to repeat Haysville & fry myself again! :oops: ..............................................P 8)

Pappy, thanks for the offer to help out where needed. Please feel free to set-up the day before, John and I will be doing much the same along with all the last minute details.

Here's something important to mentally note, the artists have had hired security (off-duty police officers) to keep watch during the overnight hours in the past and again this year. While the security isn't obligated to watch "our stuff", there will be a presence... it's not a crime area part of town either. For those coming from out of town and staying overnight please feel free to contact me at your convenience and we'll get you taken care of the best we can.

John and I will set-up a few bicycles over at the artist check-in tent for display on Friday along with some information about our activities for Saturday - don't be confused, look for our check-in tent. Like I told Don earlier, I'll post a map soon.

Clark

54shadow said:
I am kind of concerned that there will not be enough room for the "art folks." :wink:

:lol: There will be plenty of room, but that's not to say we might annoy them (artists) a bit with some of our antics though. :lol: The artist are a really good group of folks I must say... They bring a wide cross section of art, there will be something for everyone I'd venture to guess. Likewise, I think our swap meet will peak their curiosity too.

I'll post up some pictures this evening showing some of the things John and I will be bringing for sale/trade.

Clark

Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert!

Good evening folks!

John and I found a little honey hole a week-n-a-half ago and made the pick up this past Saturday. A majority of what we bought will show up at the swap meet, all profits going to the Blue Springs Arts Council organization! In addition, John is thinning his bicycle hoard bringing 20+ and I have 2-3 that will be sacrificed. :lol:

There's goodies in them there boxes!
Patee053.jpg

Old trike, circa 1920±. Still researching this one...
Patee052.jpg

Here's a twin steer Patee tandem, circa 1896-1898. I think John has claimed this one as a keeper... You can still ask. :lol:
Patee039.jpg

The ultimate tease, only a partial pic! It is all original with the springer front end. Only non-original piece is the seat.
Patee035.jpg

A very unusual frame... Excellent rider.
Patee017.jpg

One of several 24" frames...
Patee016.jpg

Middle weight fenders, NOS in the box... Cheap $$$.
Patee031.jpg

"The Party Bus" :lol: It'll be a the swap if anyone would like an opportunity to ride, kind of a community bike. I think this will be a keeper too... although stranger things have happened! It'll probably be regulated to pub crawls, parades, and such.
Patee013.jpg

In the barn they go, part of our haul, only temporary of course...
Patee051.jpg

Just a heads up to eveyone... We need more sellers!!! I have been deluged with people inquiring, wanting, and searching for specific bit-n-pieces. Unfortunately I can't help everybody. In RRB years I'm still new to the hobby compared to most and just don't have "inventory" nor the connections. I only own two dozen [or less] bikes and don't have the time/space for more, quite frankly that keeps my wife sane and out of my business. :lol: So, what I've been telling people is to show up to the treasure hunt and find their own treasure!

Clark

pm sent on the Orange Krate and the Trike........ also, i know where these came from!

jon said:
pm sent on the Orange Krate and the Trike........ also, i know where these came from!

Let's keep our secret. We cleaned him out btw.
John and I are donating all the monetary proceeds to the Blue Springs Arts Council, a not for profit organization bringing art to the community and children.

Clark

Latest posts

Back