Bike Swap & Art Fest - JUNE 9th, 2012 Mark your calendar!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you guys the best of luck with your swap... I wont be able to make it because of vacation.

should'nt that be " work"?!!!!

i cant believe theres 40 posts and there from the same 3 guys.................. :|

jon said:
I wish you guys the best of luck with your swap... I wont be able to make it because of vacation.

Well if it comes to choosing Table Rock Lake over a Bicycle Swapmeet... Im choosing Table Rock Lake :lol:

jon said:
i cant believe theres 40 posts and there from the same 3 guys.................. :|

I can't believe you made the effort to count the posts & that your SO negative...P 8)

first, i didnt really count and "B" thats not negative...............if you really had looked there was more than just 3 of us posting.

Ratfink1962 said:
jon said:

Well if it comes to choosing Table Rock Lake over a Bicycle Swapmeet... Im choosing Table Rock Lake :lol:

Not a lake guy...I'll be at the swapmeet!

jon said:
we could swap at a lake? just sayin!

Ain't going to happen. Bicycles are not meant to float.
On a different note, I owe you some gas money. So play nice. LOL. I'll see Saturday on the Cinco de Mayo pub crawl, I'll buy you your first beverage... weather permitting.

Clark

I am so glad to see the people that are responding to this. This is the 1st swap in Blue Springs, but man this is going to be great! I want to meet lots of people that have never been to our area, so they can see what we have to offer, and to see what kind of KOOL STUFF they have to bring to us. We have a good cross of people coming so far, so it will be good for all of the different bike groups.

Here is a schedule for the music lover, list is both Friday and Saturday. Friday's line-up may be of particular interest for those coming from out of town - IT'S FREE!!! It's not a super loud music fest sort of thing, just local bands playing in the back ground providing some good tunes to those who would like to relax and listen.

More announcements to follow in the next day or two...

Clark

Friday, June 8th

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Little Blue River Band (tentative)

3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Patrick Burton (acoustic)

4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Gypsy Bone

6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Rockin' Walkers

7:00 pm – 8:00 pm - The Clementine's (acoustic pop-folk and blues)

Saturday, June 9th

10:00 am – 11:00 am Rockin' Rob (Interactive Educational Musical Kids Show) tentative

11:00 am to 12:00 pm Kamera (Musician/Band)

12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Blue Baby Band

2:00 pm -4:00 pm Ryan Hanlin and Shannon Lillie (Country)

4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Matika Daniels (Hula Hoop art performer)

4:30 pm - 6:00 pm Don't know JAC (Blues and Rock)

I forgot to mention that I am using this swap meet as my own personal garage sale! I have at least 20-25 so far that will be there and still more to go through. My collection needs to be thinned out. I will try to get pics loaded by this weekend to give some ideas.

WOW!!! For those of you who don't personally know JJ Munster (aka John) this guy has been collecting not only bikes but ALL kinds of KOOL memorabilia from the '50's-'60's.I'm gonna let it go at that,for now,I'll let John have his fun at blow'in yer minds.Suffice it to say that John enjoys going to auctions...I mean REALLY enjoys going to auctions...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HE BRINGS!!!...P 8)

i cannot wait for this swap meet/bike show. im in the process of building a bike specifically for this show and hoping to get it done in time!! idk if i need to register for a spot to show bikes or what? clark can ya help me out here man?!

Easy E

elvis51 said:
i cannot wait for this swap meet/bike show. im in the process of building a bike specifically for this show and hoping to get it done in time!! idk if i need to register for a spot to show bikes or what? clark can ya help me out here man?!

Easy E

Easy E,

No need to pre-register the bicycle for the little show area we have set aside... just bring a dollar donation! :D We haven't too much inquiry about the bike show, yet. The odds are in your favor for walking away with the $25 gift certificate. The bike shop (gift certificate) is within walking distance, err, riding distance of the show - it's just across the parking lot and across the street.

John and I were just at the swap meet area tonight for a little look-n-see. We're getting ready and it's coming down to crunch time. We need to finalize our bicycle crawl route too, it should be a pretty easy ride... ride to ice cream! :D

Clark

thatismytruck said:
Clark, if I knew of this sooner I would have scheduled my work trip a different date and come to KC!!

Shaping up to be a good one!!

Hey Skipper,

Yeah, I wish you and Ian could make it down... just wonder what the airline policy is for 26" bicycle carry-on's are...? :)

Last weekend John and I made some great things happen for the swap meet, they are hand shake deals at the moment, but hope to put pen to paper by this weekend sealing the deal. Announcements to follow, you may change your mind about coming. :wink:

Clark

Anyone bringing some bike seats to the swap to sell? Ever since the bike build off started, there has been a flurry of activity in the antique bike seat section over at eBay, prices are climbing, also, don't want to out bid a fellow "Ratter," bidding on that certain seat that will make their build complete.

Latest posts

Back