Bike Swap & Art Fest - JUNE 9th, 2012 Mark your calendar!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Men & Women, Boys & Girls, and Children of All ages!

I am proud to announce… “We will be hosting our very first Little Blue River Bike Swap Meet.” WOOT! The swap will be held in conjunction with the Blue Springs Arts Council and their 3rd Annual, Little Blue River Art Fest!

When: June 9th, 2012
Where: White Oak Plaza, Blue Springs, MO at the intersection of 7 Hwy & 40 Hwy (1 block South)
Time: 6:30 AM

We don’t have a website or Facebook page currently for the swap meet, you’ll have to wait for the 2nd Annual… we’re working on it. However, you can check out the Blue Springs Arts Council at http://www.bluespringsartscouncil.com & White Oak Plaza at http://www.whiteoakplaza.com both for links and info.

Send Clark (aka sleeper sedan) and John (aka jjmunster) an e-mail at [email protected] or a PM, we are happy to answer any [and all] questions regarding the event, logistics, directions, lodging, restaurants, etc. Pre-register today for free! We have plenty of activities planned for BOTH old and young at heart. See the attached flyer for additional details!

Please come out and support the bicycle and art community, even if it’s just to say, “Hello”.

Clark

Final-Flyer by sleepersedan, on Flickr

LBRAF2012 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Hope you get a good turnout at your swap meet Clark. I'll be looking for pictures after the date.

Thanks Ian! Yeah, once we have pictures we can really move forward with the Facebook/Website aspect.

It has generated a lot of interest here locally, should be an exciting time. Hopefully we can get our brothers from states nearby to reciprocate support for us as we have a group of knuckleheads here that venture off and support a variety of bicycle events a state away. Making a lot a of friends these past few years... even if it's only a couple days a year. LOL!

Clark

St. Louis is 3 - 3 1/2 hr depending what part of town you're from... straight shot down I-70. I usually drive it the speed limit (70mph) or 5mph over [shhhhhh!]. In fact, jjmunster (John) and I drove to Collinsville, IL (North of St. Louis) for the 2012 Midwest Bicycle Expo at the very end of January - 3 1/2 hr drive. Piece of cake.

Clark

54shadow said:
Holy smokes, right in my back yard! Live just a half a mile from the venue.

Hey there Mr. 54shadow!

I don't recognize you from the picture (avatar), but I'm sure we've ran into each other or know some folks in common. Only 1/2 mile away, you better be there... buying or selling, maybe both!!! LOL.

If you're interested we've got a pub crawl downtown KC, in celebration of Cinco de mayo or course, coming up at the beginning of next month (May 5th). Drop me a line [or if anybody else is interested] either here/e-mail/PM, and I'll get you in the loop. It's always been a really laid back group puttering around, drawing from all walks of life. It's your typical social hour on a clunker 2 wheel machine.

Clark

@Sleeper Sedan, I will be sure to wear my "RatRodBikes" official T-Shirt. As for the pub crawl, may check that out. I work in the garment district, down town KC for a publishing syndicate.

Man...I CANNOT wait for this one.Word on the street is every bicycle nut in the KC Metro area is draggin' all their goodies out to this swap.I understand that they'll have arts,crafts & whatnot so it'll be fun and goodtimes for the whole clan.Lets all turn out for this one &
spend the day with family,friends & BIKES!!!...P 8)

Pappy said:
Man...I CANNOT wait for this one.Word on the street is every bicycle nut in the KC Metro area is draggin' all their goodies out to this swap.I understand that they'll have arts,crafts & whatnot so it'll be fun and goodtimes for the whole clan.Lets all turn out for this one &
This "nut" will be present and accounted for wearin' his colors, in this case, a white on black RRB T-Shirt.

Pappy said:

Thanks for the good word Pappy! I appreciate your enthusiasm. it's been quite the buzz all right, just need to get more people signed up.

Right now I'm working on gathering material to solicit an "in kind" donations from either a nearby "bagel place" and/or a "sub sandwich place" to feed our vendors selling - a bagel-n-coffee or sandwich, chips-n-drink. We'll see. I've got a couple of other things in the works too.

Clark

Hey Clark, sign me up for a space. I'm really looking forward to it. Also count on me for something to add to the Door Prizes, just not sure what yet, gota wait and see what good stuff I have left after Hayesville. ha!

10~18 Kustoms said:
Hey Clark, sign me up for a space. I'm really looking forward to it. Also count on me for something to add to the Door Prizes, just not sure what yet, gota wait and see what good stuff I have left after Hayesville. ha!
We may have to look for a bigger venue, looks like more and more "folks with spokes" are going to show up for this gig.

10~18 Kustoms said:

Ha! Thanks Marty! I'll see you this weekend, we'll talk more about the swap meet then. Adding you to the l i s t n o wwwww... There, done deal. Thanks for the offer of a door prize [or prizes], very much appreciated by all, especially the winner! LOL.

Clark

54shadow said:
10~18 Kustoms said:
We may have to look for a bigger venue, looks like more and more "folks with spokes" are going to show up for this gig.

I like the way you think Sir!!! I could only hope we run out of space one day... somewhere in the future. I know there's going to be some teething pains, so, I appreciate any and all the help and any advice you folks would like to impart helping me on my adventure. I've got a good group (a handful) helping me now, fortunately. I'm just trying to take it all in, one day at a time.

The art festival from last year has really taken off over the previous year. It was a good time and a big success. I'm glad they (Blue Springs Arts Council) asked us to join forces, they thought it would be a good marriage - bicyclists and artists. I can't disagree with that...? I can only imagine the mayhem... <rolling my eyes> I hope the artist are prepared. LOL.

Clark

Thanks again for coming to the Haysville Swap.
I wish you guys the best of luck with your swap... I wont be able to make it because of vacation.

But Im hoping to get up your way for the Cinco De Mayo ride, I should know here soon if I can make it.

Latest posts

Back