Bike Show and Swap Meet Cleveland TN.

Discussion in 'EVENTS' started by dorr, Dec 12, 2011.

1. dorr

dorr

0   0   0

[​IMG]
    The new wheels should be here Monday to finish out the bike. This is one show you do not want to miss. We are located just 20 minutes north of Chattanooga off I-75 at a beautiful School right on one of the busiest streets in Cleveland. The show is located near our bike and walk Greenway and has a playground for the kids. We will have a DJ playing tunes, there will be food vendors and more. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.

2. CeeBee

CeeBee

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

The give away bike is looking good. What exactly do I have to do to win it back? Raffle, etc? I know there is no chance for me if its the grand prize in the drag races!

3. dorr

dorr

0   0   0

Thanks for the kind words on the 2012 Giveaway bike. We will be asking people to vote for their favorite bicycle at the show for $1 for each vote. They can vote as many times as they want for one bike or for several bikes. Each person that votes will place their name and phone number on the ticket along with the number of their favorite bike. At the end of the show we will see who gets the most votes for a trophy and then draw a ticket out of the bag for the giveaway bike. This is to encourage people to vote for their favorite bike in the show. Therefore come and VOTE! I am dorr and I approve this message.

4. dorr

dorr

0   0   0

[​IMG]

Here it is 99% complete. Don't forget to have a chance to take this bike home, you must be at our show this Saturday in Cleveland TN. Hope to see you there!

5. aceuh

aceuh

0   0   0

sweet :wink:

6. kingfish254

kingfish254 Check out the 30+ Items in my FOR SALE thread! Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

I love the Exerciser apes on that bike.

7. CeeBee

CeeBee

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

The bike looks great. I see one potential problem with the method of the raffle. I see the potential for someone to "buy" the best of show award! I may bring a few dollars extra and vote for my ugliest bike over and over, and in turn end up with the best odds of winning the bike back. :lol:

8. dorr

dorr

0   0   0

I know and understand the deal on the peoples choice. This is my thoughts, for what they are worth. LOL We are raising money for the Amnerican Cancer Society so the more tickets we sale the more money that is raised. I figured, like you, that there will be those who stack the deck in thier favor to win the bike or even win the trophy but that is a good thing when you think about the potential amount of money that could be raised. I have 2000 tickets and hope to sale them all. I would love to raise about $5,000 toward this worthy cause and will also be doing a 50/50 raffle as well. So bring your dollar bills and lets have some fun! Glad you like the bike!

9. Smoopy's

Smoopy's

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I'm hoping someone WILL try to "buy" the people's choice award since it will just raise more more for ACS..I think it's a great concept and one we might steal for B&S III... :wink:

anyway, I want to win it so the "Tiki Bike" & a few other customs will make an appearance to try to win over the crowd... :D
    [​IMG]

10. CeeBee

CeeBee

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Smoop-dawg, you know I was talking about you (and some other mutual friends) in the original "steal the trophy" post! And I will do what I can to keep you from winning (whining?) by supporting Dorr's cause with my anti-smoops votes! :lol: We can fight it out that way and only ACS wins!

11. dorr

dorr

0   0   0

As you know our show is rain or shine. However, we can now thank God above that the weather looks great for the show. From the 3 local weather stations and Weather.com it appears the rain will move out of here Friday night and will not appear again until Saturday evening after the show is over. If any one has any qestions, go to weahter.com and type in the zip code for our area 37311. We have been planning for months, advertising every way we can. I just appeared on my second local TV show promoting the show yesterday. The school in which we are having the show is a perfect place for a show. Many local car shows have taken place over the years at this same location because of its many advantages. We loook forward to seeing everyone here at 10 am to register and set up and the show will officially start at 12 noon. We have two food vendors with one being BBQ chips and a drink and another serving Hot Dogs chips and a drink. We will be selling our event T's for $12 and we believe we have one of the best shirts around. We have awards for top 20 bikes, best of show and the coveted Peoples Choice trophy. We have plenty of Hotels in our area for those coming in from out of town. Remember this is a bicycle show promoting the hobby of bicycles while raising money for the American Cancer Society. Please lets come together and have a great time while raising lots of money for ACS.

12. aceuh

aceuh

0   0   0

I'm gonna be there!

If anyone has a 24" rear wheel with coaster brake they can turn loose of... bring it with ya... I need one. :wink:

13. dorr

dorr

0   0   0

Let me just say the show was awesome! The weather was phenominal and the attendance was off the chain. The drag races were a big hit and Clinton, You the Man! He took home the giveaway bike! But only through the generosity of one nice SmoopY! If you missed it, well all I can say it was one of the largest events I have been too so far on the east coast. I will try to post some pictures later! Thanks to everyone for making this a great fun filled day!!

14. biss-ness

biss-ness

0   0   0

David-

Thanks for putting together a GREAT show! I can't wait until the next one, It was a blast to see all the great bikes! I hope you raised a ton on money for a great cause! Good call on the Drag Race, it was a great show!

Tyler Biss :mrgreen:

15. highwheelerboy25

highwheelerboy25

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0

I agree! Well organized and smooth sailing even with clouds hovering! Lots of great folks and awesome rides! I look forward to the 2nd annual!

16. Smoopy's

Smoopy's

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Great show with great people made for a awesome day!! Thanks to everyone who made it fun!! SVB had a blast!!

17. aceuh

aceuh

0   0   0

Had a blast! Met some great people as well!

18. highwheelerboy25

highwheelerboy25

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0

With all the craziness. I forgot to take any pics at the show. If anyone took some please post them!

19. aceuh

aceuh

0   0   0

I took 2 or 3 pics... I'll get em edited later and see if I can't post them. :wink:

20. dorr

dorr

0   0   0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks again for a great show. we sold 30 swap meet spaces and had 48 in teh bike show and 13 drag racers. Marck your calendar for March 23, 2012.