1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Bike pump recommendations?

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by clerkkent, Jun 5, 2012.

1. clerkkent

clerkkent

I'm looking for a quality pump to air up my tires. All the assorted junky ones at department stores have continuously disappointed me. I think the telltale sign is any pump that has a plastic nozzle is going to be a POS, so I'm looking for a metal nozzle, like the park tools one. Any recommendations besides the park tools? Looking fo a nice one for the garage, and maybe a lesser one for the car/travel trips.

2. Road Master

Road Master

Sunny Florida Starting October 1, 2016!!!
    Schwinn made a nice one years ago - I've still got mine. You've probably seen one - pretty sure I saw one on ebay a couple days ago. They are red w/ the Schwinn Logo and a cylinder shaped guage on the side. I was never a Schwinn guy but they were well constructed and had a lifetime warranty. Of course Schwinn Dealers don't carry Schwinn assessories now - they refer you to Wally World but near as I can tell that pump isn't made anymore. I'm sure someone must still make a quality pump. Hopefully someone will jump in here with a good solution. Good Luck! Robert

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1971-SC ... 1e6ec602a2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Schwinn ... 43b05a906d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHWINN-VINTAGE ... 46043e53b7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Schwinn-Bic ... 231da23a4e

3. Willg

Willg

Blackburn Airtower 2 or 3.

4. flatflip

flatflip

I went to my LBS to pick up a Bontrager pump for $35. The mechanic stopped me and said for $5 more I could get a Cannondale with a lifetime warranty. It's very durable looking with a great gauge. I love it. It has a plastic nozzle though.

5. I have a newer Schwinn pump with plastic nozzle and it's not failed me yet.

6. socal_jack

socal_jack

Topeak brand Joe Blow Sport pump, brilliant twinhead design for shrader and presta. Have actually bought the replacement head to put on a Blackburn pump I keep at work. That head design really sucked.

7. ruddigger

ruddigger

Mine has. The presta nozzle broke first time.

8. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

[​IMG]

For the shop a think a compressor is a good investment. Especially if you have many bikes. Plus it can be used for other bike and non-bike purposes as well. As much as I swap tires around etc... I can't imagine pumping by hand. I'd have tennis elbow by now.

I did buy a Pyramid brand hand/floor pump that I used to keep at our storage unit but it didn't get used but a couple times so I can't really comment on the quality.

9. clerkkent

clerkkent

any footpumps that would fit the bill?