bike locks/bike alarms

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
any good alarms out there?I used to own a franchised detailing /car accessory business, and installed thousands of car alarms. Whats out there for bicycles? Locks? remotes? That 141 dollar one looks neat, but ya gotta buy a sim card? What are yall using? I hate to carry a cable lock on my older bikes. I do carry one on my Trek. Dont wanna scratch paint on the non-stock painted bikes.

I have read of motorcycle alarms that attach to the disc brake rotor and are very loud. I think that they detect motion. With your experience you could adapt it. Has its own battery and key. If you would like a link of a video I will try to search for it.

Vento/Triton scooters had an option for an alarm and I heard one go off and it was loud. Most would need an electrical connection. I'm not sure how one would work on a bike

JaxRhapsody said:
Vento/Triton scooters had an option for an alarm and I heard one go off and it was loud. Most would need an electrical connection. I'm not sure how one would work on a bike
I had a Vento Triton R4 scooter with alarm and it is loud. Also super sensitive I hated it so much I ended up ripping it out. The scooter was fast as I'll get out too. From the factory it'd do 55MPH. after the new roller weights, clutch, big bore kit with a little modification to the exhaust port, new exhaust, re-jetting the carb, high flow air filter, and modding the oil pump, it'd do closer to 85MPH! It is amazing what 50cc can do. If you want a scooter with plenty of power I can say from experience get a 2-stroke belt drive scooter. Yamaha Jog, Yamaha Zuma, or Vento 2-strokes are the best ones.

Yes! I have to wait til I get back to work. I have spent waaay too much money on this hobby. Sold my Volvo,and my old chevy wagon and bought a conversion van so I could haul my bikes and my bassboat. I got clearance from the surgeon to return on March 1, so I cant wait! But,yes, Ill do a review. I need to contact the seller first, it looked like he only had 1 for sale.

.... if I didnt forget all about it!
Imback to work,but tire easily. I was on light duty for a few weeks, but the demand forces me to work harder. Lots of projects we are behind on, since i was off 100 work days.
I'll try to order one soon, but I have a few projects that need money....

Latest posts

Back