Bike Lock vintage or others

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guy's have for bike locks,over the years I have accumulated a few?
Show me what you have vintage, cool or unusual.
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_0808.JPG
IMG_0809.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0805.JPG

I have a couple of Specialized Hardlock Rappers from the ninties. Not my pics, but identical to these
download.jpeg
download (1).jpeg

My kid has a combination cable lock, it's pretty funny, letters instead of numbers, I think he set it to burp or fart or something

I use this lock as my go to. The shackle of the mini U-lock fits nicely through the hairpin spring on my saddle as well, lol.

5041545-NOC02.jpg

I've also seen wheel locks, that mount to the seatstay supports, I kinda wanna get an old one and mount it to my muscle bike as a neat accessory.

Problem with those wheel locks is that a thief could theoretically just carry the bike off, and deal with the lock afterwards. You would still have to carry a lock to supplement.

Problem with those wheel locks is that a thief could theoretically just carry the bike off, and deal with the lock afterwards. You would still have to carry a lock to supplement.

Oh yea, it'd just be a neat thing to have on the bike is all. I always have a proper lock on me, if I plan on stopping somewhere.. the one I use, I'll sometimes wear it like a belt, fits comfy, with the nylon sheath it has.

I use this lock as my go to. The shackle of the mini U-lock fits nicely through the hairpin spring on my saddle as well, lol.

View attachment 146808

I've also seen wheel locks, that mount to the seatstay supports, I kinda wanna get an old one and mount it to my muscle bike as a neat accessory.
I think I have seen those on a lot european bike and most thieves are likely to move to next easiest unlocked bike when they see one with that lock.
Your go to lock is much like the one I have the round lock on.

Latest posts

Back