BIKE Identfication Help.

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by cman, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Valleymanuk

Valleymanuk

Hi guys
    I live in the UK and have just bought a Dyno Roadster. I knew nothing about them when I bought it and to be honest I don't know much more now, I need some help on trying to find out when it was made. I've been reading some stuff on the net about the company going out of business and being taken over by Pacific and to look at the frame for marks to see if its a real Dyno. I've looked all over the frame and I have got a D stamped and the bottom of the seat tube, a D stamped on the chain guard and stamped on the handle bars with Dyno written under that. It also has a D on the crank but I can't see a serial number anywhere. Can anyone help ?
    Thanks Garry

Wildcat likes this.
  2. ernie cortez

ernie cortez

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ID MY ROADMASTER, I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST PICS

3. ernie cortez

ernie cortez

the Serial # is F87306 i believe it's 30's what ya'll think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wildcat likes this.
  4. cman

cman Moderator

Your pics from Google + dont' show up here. Best to try uploading to Photobucket. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.80238/

5. cycle momma

cycle momma

6. cycle momma

cycle momma

OK I'm at a loss here. I put my pics in photobucket and went through the steps to post them here. They worked yesterday and now they are not. Help Please?

7. cman

cman Moderator

I made it's own thread. Go check here... http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/81544/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

8. Wildcat

Wildcat

On a few Dynos I've had, the number is on the bottom bracket, but it is hard to see, it's along the edge, not across the bottom.

9. Manuel

Manuel

Bought it like this, someone painted it purple. No serial number, no markings, only one is "wald" basket. Do you guys know the brand?

Attached Files:

10. River City Artifacts

River City Artifacts

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Good morning all. New here. I have a small collection of bikes ranging from an Elgin, Roadmaster Luxury Liner, Schwinn Rolling Rock (and other Schwinns) to one that I can't identify. Any help in identifying it will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Wildcat likes this.
  11. Wildcat

Wildcat

Looks to be a Rollfast bike, at least Snyder made, going by the BB hardware. The pics are too small to know for sure 50's or 60's.

Welcome aboard!

kirkpatrick likes this.
  12. River City Artifacts

River City Artifacts

13. River City Artifacts

River City Artifacts

Thanks for responding. Sorry about the size of the pictures! I realized that after I posted and hoped they wouldn't be too small to identify. Still getting the hang of things. The bottom bracket is stamped A13947 EE. Thanks again.

14. thunderbeard

thunderbeard

Step on up...
    Need a ball park ID on this frame
    Pre war we know....
    Last owner powder coated thick over serial #'s. Not legible. Thinking of listing. Nice if I could say I thought i knew what it could be. Thank you all as always [​IMG]

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

15. Phil Fink

Phil Fink

I also believe that the blue double bar frame in post #30 is a Rollfast, or at least a Homer-built (H.P. Snyder). Not sure, but I believe it was a 1937 frame design that bends the top tube to align with the seat stays. Also note that the down tube is straight; in 1942 Rollfast switched to a streamlined (curvy) down tube. Earlier motorbikes were derivatives of the frame safety bicycle, and had corners (like in a diamond) at the seat post cluster.
    http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-year-is-my-schwinn.104001/
    Sorry for late response, trying to figure out if my A or W serial number bikes might be pre-37 rollfast/snyders. Oops, I replied to a hijacked thread again!