Big Mouth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the rack
dfh001.jpg

I laced the wheels today
dfh002.jpg

Wow! Your dog is really well trained, I love the way he waited for you to take the pic with the frame balanced on his head :shock:
Seriously, looks like a totally original frame design, +1 from me too.

I did some work today. I mounted the rear dropouts and did some work on the shifter linkage. This really isn't my style. I don't care for linkage. I like a clean looking bicycle. Hide the cables, ext. The owner wanted it to have a linkage shifter. He is an ex skate boarder, so I am using the skate wheel as a chain guide
fgv001.jpg

fgv002.jpg

fgv004.jpg

Blue 8)

So I got the shifter linkage all done and put the bike together for a test ride. This bicycle is so comfortable and fast. I love it! I have gotten so many positive comments on every forum I am on and all over the street as I ride it around. I think I will make a few more of these frames. I will tweak a few things, but the basic shape will be the same. I don't care for ape hanger bars so I will be making a new set of bars for this bicycle. I also have a stretched version of this I think I will make here soon too. That's my dog Thor, he is such a great bicycle lock. I hope you all like it as much as I do.
Blue 8)
H.M.M.F.
Haters Make Me Famous
rtj002.jpg

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Friggin' handsome dog too! Did you close up the inside of the chain and seat stays? That is one killer bike. Are you going to paint it? I look forward to seeing your next one.

I just did my first welding in 20 yrs and boy, do I stink. (at welding :lol: ) Oh well, it'll come back to me, I was pretty good in college.

jackdaw said:
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Friggin' handsome dog too! Did you close up the inside of the chain and seat stays? That is one killer bike. Are you going to paint it? I look forward to seeing your next one.

The owner of this Bicycle doesn't want to paint it. He will leave it bare metal, no clear coat. We are going to take it all apart this winter and leave the frame out in the snow. Let it rust. Rust and chrome with orange accents.

I'm not going to close up the rear stays. I don't feel I need to. I think it's plenty strong. :lol:
The stretch version of this frame I will close them up. The extra length will be weak if I don't.
Blue 8)

Just giving you another compliment! Kudos for the creativity of the frame design. It's inspiring to see what one can do with a bunch of tubes.

hey Poverty....

I read you are going to leave frame out in the snow to rust.......I am building a rat and rusted mine over night with small part muratic acid and water
42DC4AA0-FBBA-4AE9-B731-090AA293699B-740-000001186E585B0B.jpg

here is build thread with more pics But if you want a great rust look really quick and cheap just use muratic acid and water in a squirt bottle
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=62024

poverty with a view said:
Thanks for the tip Kidliquid. Your bicycles are dope too. :lol:
I have never heard of Muratic Acid, where do you find that?
Is there a certain amount that you mix with the water?
Why add water at all?
Blue 8)

Here ya go Blue.....
Muriatic Acid (also known as Hydrochloric Acid)
http://www.ehow.com/how_4493396_use-muriatic-acid.html

Hope this helps ya!

redrkt said:
poverty with a view said:
Thanks for the tip Kidliquid. Your bicycles are dope too. :lol:
I have never heard of Muratic Acid, where do you find that?
Is there a certain amount that you mix with the water?
Why add water at all?
Blue 8)

Here ya go Blue.....
Muriatic Acid (also known as Hydrochloric Acid)
http://www.ehow.com/how_4493396_use-muriatic-acid.html

Hope this helps ya!
That helps....Thanks! :lol:

Latest posts

Back