Big Mouth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will call this frame "Big Mouth" I think I will make two of them. One for me and one for the customer.
So this bicycle will be started tonight since "Super Burrito Pastor" is at powder coat.
This one is for a guy in town. The whole bicycle will be made out of 1'1/2 tubing. He doesn't want any paint, just rust and the rest will be chrome. There will be a fake tank on this bicycle and I will have the old school monsters from the 30's lazered into it. There will be Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf man, and the bride of Frankenstein on both sides. Orange grips and orange side wall tires. Single rim up front and a double in the rear with a 3 speed Nexus hub. I am making the frame and the handle bars, if I have time the forks too.
ScottsBicycle.jpg

I hope you like it as much as I do.
Blue 8)

Looks promising,dude. And I like the idea of a double rim, 'cause one of my cruiser-friends built one himself and that looked wicked.
Can't wait to see more of this.

poverty with a view said:
Thanks you guys for the compliments. Deven Science, pay close attention to how I do my rear stays. I will show you how to make them without kinking the material. All with a HF roller. Pedal on my friends. Blue 8)

I talked with member MikeS about how he and Kuttnhack do their Savage frame rear stays, and so I was thinking of trying his way for the next one, but I'll definitely be watching, to see if you have a different method that I might like better.

I cant wait to see this beast built pwav! How are you going to arrange the monsters on the plate? I think a mount rushmore esque thing would be sick !! :D :D

Thanks you guys for the compliments. Deven Science, pay close attention to how I do my rear stays. I will show you how to make them without kinking the material. All with a HF roller. Pedal on my friends. Blue 8)

I'm waiting to see how you do your rear stays. I wanna seeeee!! :lol:

your builds are ridiculously sick man... what do you charge normally for something like this? just curious...

Easy E

deven_science said:

I talked with member MikeS about how he and Kuttnhack do their Savage frame rear stays, and so I was thinking of trying his way for the next one, but I'll definitely be watching, to see if you have a different method that I might like better.
Those two know what they are doing when it comes to bicycles for sure. I bend mine similar with my tube roller. A whole lot easier than trying to bend a tight radius with a torch. Keep up the building. 8)

elvis51 said:
your builds are ridiculously sick man... what do you charge normally for something like this? just curious...

Easy E
This frame is close to 500$. The holes in the front tube and the monsters in the tank really make this frame pricy. I built a swing bike the other day for 100$ and he supplied the bicycles to cut up and use. I will post some pictures of it. Every frame is different as are the prices. None of my frames are the same. I won't make two of the same. One offs only. It feels good riding a bike that I know is the only one of its kind in the world.
:lol: Thanks for the compliments :lol:
Blue 8)

That's going to be cool, that the visual weight of the line won't change, going from frame tube to chainstay. Gonna look trick, I bet.

jackdaw said:
That's going to be cool, that the visual weight of the line won't change, going from frame tube to chainstay. Gonna look trick, I bet.
Jackdaw, you got it. :lol: I think it will be such a different look than what most people are doing these days. I like a beefy looking bicycle, plus if you were to paint this it would make the frame POP even more. I like when my frames are the center of attention and not the wheels or what ever. Thanks everyone for the compliments. This will be another bike that I won't want to get rid of. I want to keep them all, well most of them.
Blue 8)

deven_science said:
It's unique, I'll give you that!

Also, it was cool meeting you last weekend.
Deven_science, it was a pleasure meeting you too. Don't stop building those bicycles, you are very talented.
Next time we ride you will have to take me to the Spud shop for lunch, my treat.
Blue 8)

Latest posts

Back