Big Daddy"Rat Fink"Scooter New taillight Advertising RRB!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BigDaddy Scooter "Tribute to Ed Roth/Rat Fink 'DONE' pics"

So I spent the last day and a half finishing the scooter.Heres a Tribute to Big Daddy Ed Roth and his Rat Fink,I loved the rat since I was young and have a Rat Power tattoo on my shoulder.When I started building it I didnt think I
would spend so many hours on it but thats how it goes...Thing has parts from the 50's to current day.Im happy with the way it turned out and it rides even better than it looks!Here are some pics,I still have to finish the head badge and get some new grips and brake lever but its pretty much DONE! :mrgreen:
scooter006.jpg
scooter007.jpg
scooter012.jpg
scooter010.jpg
scooter016.jpg
scooter015.jpg
scooter008.jpg
scooter017.jpg
scooter013.jpg
scooter014.jpg
scooter011.jpg
scooter004.jpg

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "tribute to Ed Roth/Rat Fink'DONE'pics"

someone about 30 min from my house has three bikes for free crappy mountain bikes. if i get them, i know what im going to do with them :mrgreen:

NICE job, looks great! Looks fun to ride!

great job man! it looks awesome! why'd I think it was a burrito build?? :lol:

scrumblero said:
great job man! it looks awesome! why'd I think it was a burrito build?? :lol:

Your not the only one a few people asked if I was building a burrito frame :wink: if it didnt work out as a scooter thats what it would have ended up.Thanks for the props,im glad you like it :mrgreen:

I'm a scooter fan. I didn't expect this to turn out like it did. I thought you would "slap" some parts together and call it a scooter. Your workmanship and imagination are top notch....VERY NICE!

Thanks for the comments Fellas :wink: I put on some new grips,brake lever,and rat head badge so its done unless I get it striped :mrgreen:
scooter011-1.jpg
scooter010-1.jpg
scooter008-2.jpg

1.jpg[/img]
scooter008-2.jpg
[/quote]

Love it! With the tongue hanging out flapping in the breeze it just looks like you are going fast

Thanks for all the comments and KOTA thankyou for the article im blown away!Here are some little scooters I scored at a Yardsale this weekend for $7.50.So the kids picked colors and dad hooked them up!Here they are personalized,Now the kiddos can scoot with me :D
scooter025.jpg
scooterspainted.jpg
me005.jpg

GREAT BUILD!! PBR TIME BABY!! WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE VALVE CAPS?!? PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
GREAT BUILD!! PBR TIME BABY!! WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE VALVE CAPS?!? PEACE

Ebay :)

$7.50?....And you sleep at night, knowing you stole them? Carefull "kickin" can be addicting. People smile when I go by, kickin with my two youngest grankids...Probably laughing after, but hey, I can't see them.

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "tribute to Ed Roth/Rollin the Rat pics"

Went out Rollin the Rat with the family today we went about four miles and it was perfect!This sccoter is a cruiser! Here are some more pics!
bobjones072.jpg
bobjones017.jpg
bobjones078.jpg
bobjones080.jpg
bobjones033.jpg
bobjones040.jpg
bobjones039.jpg
bobjones032.jpg
And I even got the headlight working!
007.jpg
008.jpg
bobjones005.jpg

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "tribute to Ed Roth/Rollin the Rat pics"

this is a real work of art!!, your skills are incredible, i think big daddy roth would be proud,

KOTA said:
$7.50?....And you sleep at night, knowing you stole them? Carefull "kickin" can be addicting. People smile when I go by, kickin with my two youngest grankids...Probably laughing after, but hey, I can't see them.

I agree kickin is addicting,I actually slept great knowing what a deal I got and now the kids would rather ride the scooters instead of their bikes!Thanks again for the article you wrote!!! :D

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "tribute to Ed Roth/kickstand added pics"

I added a kickstand today I got tired of looking for places to lean it.Its not the sore thumb I thought it would be ,should have done it from the get go...
scooterkickstand.jpg
scooterkickstand2.jpg

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "tribute to Ed Roth/kickstand added pics"

very sweet build! :D I always think there are two parts of a bike sitting there when the board is hiding in the leaves. haha Great Job!!

Back