Big Daddy"Rat Fink"Scooter New taillight Advertising RRB!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would like to see if I could make a giant scooter with more leftovers I had laying around.This should be some childhood fun times!My wife thinks I should make it a tandem.Only time will tell.Im not sure if I want to use 2x26" wheels or a 20" in the rear although I like the look of two big wheels....Any opinions? I will use a longboard skateboard for the deck should be pretty cool when its done! :mrgreen:
bigassscooter.jpg
bigassscooterfront.jpg
bigassscooterrear.jpg

Re: 2nd build Big Wheel Scooter

i had the same idea minus the skateboard deck. i would use the big wheels,

I've got three scoots and am doing one after my build off bike. A tandem would be very cool, nice imagination! If you use TWO 26" wheeels you can incorporate a rear rack to carry things. This way the back kicker won't hit anything. Here's a link to a scooter topic here. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21769&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=scooter
Good luck. Looking forward to seeing this.

Very cool. I have parts acquired to do a similar build. Just haven't taken the time to do it.

Well I got some work done this afternoon.....Made some cuts and got a frame tacked together,The tubing is from a sportcraft tetherball pole,wheels and frontfork from a Schwinn delmar cruiser,and the rear fork from a Roadmaster mtn bike....Here are some pics.
scooterfront.jpg
scooterblue.jpg
scooter2.jpg
scooter1.jpg

Re: 2nd build Big Wheel Scooter "pics"

Got some work done...Big bars or small bars ?I havnt decided yet!
scootersmallbars.jpg
scooterbigbars2.jpg
scooterbigbars.jpg

Re: 2nd build Big Wheel Scooter "progress pics"

I made a Scooter........nearly took out my mail box coming out the end of my driveway. I still have it and was thinking of putting a weed wacker motor on it and then I remembered the mail box :shock:

AssBurner-07.jpg

Graylock

Graylock said:
I made a Scooter........nearly took out my mail box coming out the end of my driveway. I still have it and was thinking of putting a weed wacker motor on it and then I remembered the mail box :shock:

AssBurner-07.jpg

Graylock
Very cool ,I will have to watch out for those darn mail boxes! :mrgreen:

Not sure, but I think this will be the first scooter (Two-ter) build for 2, in the history of all mankind! :lol:

I guess my builds have inspired my wife to want to learn to weld and build her own,so heres some pics of us working side by side!
candicewelding.jpg
candicewelding2.jpg
candicewelding3.jpg

Re: 2nd build Big Wheel Scooter "More progress pics"

scootermounts2.jpg
scootermounts1.jpg
These are some mounts for the deck I made last night,im using four to make the deck A little more rigid.

Re: 2nd build BigWheel Scooter "More progress pics Welding Wife"

I got a little time this afternoon so I shortened the rear fender 4" to get the molded section out.I used a couple old spokes to slide in the rolled edges of the fender to keep it nice and straight.
scooterfenderpiece.jpg
scooterfenderspoke.jpg
scooterfendercut.jpg

Re: BigWheel Scooter "More progress pics Welding Wife"

Fri night I started peaking the frame to make it more rigid and I think it just looks good!Sooo here is a few pics on how I do it......
scooterpeak.jpg
scooterpeak2.jpg
I added a 1" square tube gusset to the headtube where the peak will tie into it...
scooterpeak3.jpg
And here is the deck ill be using,A Madrid Big Daddy Ed Roth Rat Fink longboard,How cool is that?!!!!A buddy of mine collects skateboards and has been saving this for a special project so he was stoked when I came to him lookin for a deck,he just grinned and said he had the perfect one for me and he couldnt have been more right!
scooterdeck.png

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "Lots of progress pics Wife Welding"

I pretty much finished welding the frame this morning,Now ill let Bondo do the rest! :lol:
scooterweld.jpg
scooterweld1.jpg
scooterweld2.jpg
scooterweld3.jpg

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "final mock up before paint pics"

So here it is mocked up for the last time before I paint it and mount the deck! :mrgreen:
scooterheadlight.jpg
scooterrack.jpg

I came up on some cool bars for 5 BUCKS and I think they allready found a new home.They seem to fit this build a mix old and new! 8)
scooternewbars.jpg
scooternewbars1.jpg

i nearly forgot about this! i cant wait to see the board on it and it being all rideable! it will be sick!

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "Deck mounts/Body work pics"

I got the deck mounts welded and went for a ride ,its sweet!So I broke it down ,did body work all day,so hopefuly will be able to paint and reasemble this thing and finalllllly be done with it...Its been a fun build but alot more work then I anticapated.Check out the work so far! :wink:
scootermounts3.jpg
scootermounts4.jpg
scooterdeck1.jpg
scooterdeck2.jpg
scooterdeck3.jpg
scooterbodywork.jpg

Re: BigDaddy Scooter "Deck mounts/Body work pics"

this is to cool! i cant wait to see it painted

Latest posts

Back