RRBBO13 Big Boy BMX (Done !)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, It's vintage formula rust o leum with lotsa toxic solvents so I assume it will really bite into the Chinese vinyl? Yesterday it was dry to a light index finger poke.

"This is the original from 1909. John Philip Sousa called it "the finest of college marching songs" William T. Purdy, although originally writing this tune intending to use it in a competition for a new song for the U of MN in 1909, instead gave it to the University of Wisconsin to use. The lyrics were then written that same year by Carl Beck. So you are hearing the original here.

Now I know where I saw those colors before...

Also my high school fight song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really had fun with this build and it shows. I love the way it turned out. I want to find some of those cranks now.
CONGRATS!

Took a few pics by the post office. Maybe 10+ years ago some of the local kids went thru a phase of putting ramps in the street and the postmaster put up this sign.
Only bikes I see around now are mine. :giggle:
Getting down to the wire and trying to select best completed bike picture.

pic. A
38013956_10214891872628909_5666569465664372736_n.jpg

pic. B
38144336_10214891879029069_8838133111289020416_n.jpg

pic. C
index.php

pic. D
index.php

pic. E
index.php

pic. F
index.php

Last edited:
If you could either cut the grass really short in C, or elevate the bike on a cement slab or old 4x4 post, I really like that old stone wall and weathered wood behind the bike. Think it would show off the bike's attributes better.

If you are going for dramatic effect, then it's D all the way.

D is the fave. My wife took the pic, and it was a beautiful morning. The sunlight caught the blue flake paint just right. Many thanks to The Renaissance Man and Glen for adding the finishing touches.
OddJob, I may try something like you suggest today, maybe a different location tho cause this is the North wall and always shady.

I still like the D rock climbing pic

I like C in this group. Big front end view, nice angle. Helps bring out the old and contrasts the new parts of this build. I really dig the old truck cab too, but maybe not for this particular build. :thumbsup:

I agree with C for the new group of shots.

I also like the Willys cab... I had a chopped project station wagon version many years ago that was sold for a stupidly low amount. :arghh:

Thanks for the input guys! I am going to go with photo "C".
See ya in the finished builds thread. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back