RRBBO13 Big Boy BMX (Done !)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seats, looking thru my collection and ruling out the cruiser seats.
Kinda boils down to the standard issue black wallgoose model.
IMG_3035.JPG

Also have this grey blue sporty Bell saddle.
IMG_3037.JPG

Also this little tan number.
IMG_3036.JPG

Rigorous testing has shown the Walgoose type seats to be painful. Also tried this seat from the same Redline bike the crank came from... Ugh.
IMG_3039.JPG
IMG_3040.JPG

The grey/blue Bell seems most comfortable, tried tilting the nose of the saddle up as is the BMX style but no go comfortwise.
IMG_3048.JPG
IMG_3049.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3053.JPG

Brown seat is less comfortable but I did only try it with the nose of the saddle raised, and both saddles are taller and I may lower the seat post some to compensate.
IMG_3043.JPG
IMG_3044.JPG
IMG_3045.JPG
IMG_3046.JPG
IMG_3047.JPG

The black walgoose or something similar "looks" the best.
Those bell seats are comfy, but they scream Walmart from a mile away :D. Use it after BO13, but not for your final pics. :D

Kingfish - you are right. Certainly no reason not to run the most photogenic saddle I have available for now. :grin:
Actually after looking at many BMX bike photos online, the larger curvy black Wallgoose seats seem to set the "scale" of the bike to resemble a BMX bike better. :forum:

...and, if you are going to 'stage' (BMX pun intended) a final pic photo, then you might as well slam the seat all the way in to the seat post, and tilt it back a bit, ala BMX stylings....

The slammed seat with nose up is a 'new school' bmx thing...old school bmx is seat up to a ridable position and with the seat comfort side up, not pointy side up (aka pretty much flat).

...an old post I responded to about the same subject...
New School...
mybikecheak001.jpg

Old School...
s1200_zzz.jpg

You may not like the way it looks...but, our knees probably lasted longer :bigsmile: !

Jason
Jason

Oh, It's vintage formula rust o leum with lotsa toxic solvents so I assume it will really bite into the Chinese vinyl? Yesterday it was dry to a light index finger poke.

"This is the original from 1909. John Philip Sousa called it "the finest of college marching songs" William T. Purdy, although originally writing this tune intending to use it in a competition for a new song for the U of MN in 1909, instead gave it to the University of Wisconsin to use. The lyrics were then written that same year by Carl Beck. So you are hearing the original here.

Now I know where I saw those colors before...

Oh, It's vintage formula rust o leum with lotsa toxic solvents so I assume it will really bite into the Chinese vinyl? Yesterday it was dry to a light index finger poke.

"This is the original from 1909. John Philip Sousa called it "the finest of college marching songs" William T. Purdy, although originally writing this tune intending to use it in a competition for a new song for the U of MN in 1909, instead gave it to the University of Wisconsin to use. The lyrics were then written that same year by Carl Beck. So you are hearing the original here.

Now I know where I saw those colors before...

We have a Badger and a Gopher in our den. I'm a UW-La Crosse grad. Enjoyed many a fight song at Camp Randall while my youngest son was an undergrad there. That place rocks!

That saddle has more of a Van Halen Hot for Teacher vibe to me than some silly badgers :D

Took 'er for a good test ride today.
IMG_3172.JPG

My photos went thru a app on my Ipad. I'm trying for more spatter effect... :giggle: The aluminum thumbie shifter is awesome, easy to find gears and friction adjust is perfect. :thumbsup:
IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

Interesting ride with the long heavy crank, very smooth and solid feeling.
IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3171.JPG
Gotta have stunt pegs. :rockout:

Dig the artsy photos man! This build has really taken shape. I have to admit, I wasn't sure at first about this frame / concept. But you have taken it to the 'nth degree'! RaT oN~!

Nice ride bike I need one my self for a campground bike . Since I sold my klunker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back