Best replacement pedals

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to replace the crappy pedals on my huffy santa fe, anyone have suggestions? I stand to pedal often, so that's a consideration, I weigh 185

New cruiser, sorry, should have been more specific. Everything has been greased, adjusted and made ride-able, but there is nothing to be done for the pedals.

New cruiser, sorry, should have been more specific. Everything has been greased, adjusted and made ride-able, but there is nothing to be done for the pedals.

The pedals I see on the internet pictures of the new Huffy Santa Fe look like the plastic jobs that were on my Huffy Cranbrook. They sure looked like they would break right away so I replaced them with old school looking 1/2 inch rubber ones. If you are going to leave it stock then a rubber set would fit the look OK. If you are modifying it then your choices are just about endless. I think the old school rubber ones would be tough enough. If you are worried about the rubber ones holding up to your standing up then you could use 1/2 inch mountain bike pedals like the Nashbar ones I run on my Klunker and they will only cost you about $14 delivered. amazon.com/Nashbar-Caged-Purpose-Mountain-Pedal/dp/B004UME93S

If you want something a little better but still reasonable Wellgo makes BMX and Mountain bike 1/2 pedals that will run you $30 - $40 delivered (Wellgo makes plastic one too so look at the pictures and description carefully). You can spend way more but for a Huffy I think any pedals in the cost ball park I show will be OK. Here is my Huffy Cranbrook with the rubber pedals that replaced the plastic ones it came with.

Last edited:
Yep, cheapo plastic crap is stock. I was leaning old style, but wanted some second opinions. Thanks!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. My wife actually bought me six different sets of pedals for Valentine's day, so I could find the ones I like best, and there's a set from a huffy Radiobike that look very promising,,,,

Latest posts

Back