Best FINDS of 2011

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had alot of fun this year! didnt find very many "super" deals but ran across the Dyno Kruiser on the cheap and won the corvette in a raffle!

IMG00792-20110916-1752.jpg

IMG00760-20110905-0736.jpg

011 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
45 bucks and all it needed was some tlc. air in the tires and some adjusting on the bars and seat, and a whole lot of tweaking with the rear hub making everything work top notch. took it on a trail and the rear slipped and dropped the chain, ill have to spend a buck or two on friction washers i guess :D

Probably the best deal I found all year. Even though it's a 24 inch. Huffy Camaro 1970 or 71?, paid $10 for it. It appears to be original (I think). I will probably fix it up & flip it in the near future. Anyone got the proper chainguard???
huffycamaro24001.jpg

pick said:
Probably the best deal I found all year. Even though it's a 24 inch. Huffy Camaro 1970 or 71?, paid $10 for it. It appears to be original (I think). I will probably fix it up & flip it in the near future. Anyone got the proper chainguard???
huffycamaro24001.jpg
You found a bike with a tank for $10!!! And it's the Colson tandem capitol. I need to move to Kansas. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms : Every once in a while there is something good & cheap, but you have to get up real early around here to beat these local guys to it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

That's true about anywhere. I can't complain too much though. I have had a bunch of good finds here and I am one of only 3 guys who look the places I look. The local C-list is always overpriced though. But that works in my favor because cheap bikes go fast. I normally find bikes for $5-$10 and can flip them for $50-$100. 10X my investment every time. Only thing is though with American Pickers nobody gets off of tank bikes cheap. Even girl's tank bikes are going for $100+

One of my best fines this year, FOUND ME! OK. I just own the winning raffle ticket. One raffle ticket , $1.00 thats all I had in that raffle, Because I knew of people who bought $20 to $30 worth of tickets, so what good to spend $5 or $10, so I bought one ticket for each raffle, 1 ticket to win the Brooks seat, 1 ticket to win the girls Sting Ray, 1 ticket to the Udallcustombikes built BMX crusier Schwinn. I won the Schwinn...
See Udallcustombikes build.... Build thread................Bmx crusier Schwinn
004-4-1.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
That's true about anywhere. I can't complain too much though. I have had a bunch of good finds here and I am one of only 3 guys who look the places I look. The local C-list is always overpriced though. But that works in my favor because cheap bikes go fast. I normally find bikes for $5-$10 and can flip them for $50-$100. 10X my investment every time. Only thing is though with American Pickers nobody gets off of tank bikes cheap. Even girl's tank bikes are going for $100+

i live 20 minutes from the american pickers building in iowa and they have a good year tank bike, the tank is rusted thru and rims have rusted away spokes and pretty much no tires...the lady said she wasnt sure how much it was so i asked her to call mike up and ask him so she did and she let me talk to him...he said 220 firm would buy it...i lol'd on the phone and walked out. before i left i had to take a picture, here it is lol

mw35gx.jpg

moto_0296.jpg

and

moto_0246.jpg

for around $300 total, inc $160 for fuel.... and stand cost 40 bucks...

Those TV pickers are rookies.:mrgreen:

Well my year started off great First bike of my new year a SPACELINER!!! Hope it only gets better from here.

P7240043.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Well my year started off great First bike of my new year a SPACELINER!!! Hope it only gets better from here.

P7240043.jpg

Can't lose with a spaceliner frame. One of my favorites! 8)

Latest posts

Back