bending forks???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She´s a real cooker, I´m gonna have to find a banana seat for La Rotosa now, cause I just fell in love with that look!

NICE!! Hey that black bike is on Amazon.com for their description of the Tall Nirve Ape Hanger handle Bars

DUSTER666 said:
NICE!! Hey that black bike is on Amazon.com for their description of the Tall Nirve Ape Hanger handle Bars
That's where the bars came from....$20, can't beat the price.

KOTA said:
DUSTER666 said:
That's where the bars came from....$20, can't beat the price.
Yeah Just got a set with some reward points...I paid $1.56 for them :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Gonna try to bend some forks now....

NICE...NICE...NICE!

I did some work on Bending some forks. I made some 1 inch marks and bent a little at a time. Actually Bending the forks was not too bad..( I am 250 lbs...) :shock: Keeping them straight was the hardest part. I really like the look. A wooden jig might be useful in the future. Here are some pics.

0402111231.jpg

0402111300.jpg

0402111228.jpg

0403111403a.jpg

0403111702a.jpg

0403111702.jpg

You got it, Duster. If you have any clearance problems, with that tire, you can solve it by putting a 1.75x 26 on. They're a "little" narrower, and a slightly less diameter. Plus they'll fit on the same rim as a 2.125 x 26....DON'T forget! Make sure the inside pedal is NOT down on what ever corner you're taking. :lol:

UH..be careful out there. 8)

Ha Ha yeah should be fun. I like the look of the 24" in the front...kinda hot rodish. I guess I will find out where the Term Pedal Scraper came from soon.... :wink: Need to figure out something creative for Truss Rods...Def need some support for these forks so they do not bend anymore under weight.

I'm sure there are numerous ways to bend a fork, this just seems to be the most efective. If you don't have a conduit bender, try to borrow one from an electrician, maybe rent one. They're just about "indestructible".

roland365 said:
is it possible to bend the flat sided forks?
If you mean a "blade" fork.....No!..But, if ya do, post pics. :lol:

roland365 said:
yeah didnt think so but u never know with these guys on here...... :wink:
You were right!...One of "these guys" (Kuttnhack) did it!

by any chance has anyone ever bent a more modern day tube fork???

anyone have a 27" fork pre bent they wana sell that will fit a 26" wheel? :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back